MY PCC - Do I Have To Use Him

ibrinn

After many mistakes, it would appear that my cruise is finally booked correctly. Now, I am ready to book, restaurants, shore excursions, spa, etc.

Do I have to book with my PCC or can I do it online? My booking is in Canadian dollars if that might make a difference.

After many mistakes, it would appear that my cruise is finally booked correctly. Now, I am ready to book, restaurants, shore excursions, spa, etc.

Do I have to book with my PCC or can I do it online? My booking is in Canadian dollars if that might make a difference.

You can do it online - When we log in online all prices are shown in CAD and can be booked in CAD now since we booked the cruise in CAD over the phone. Better exchange rate to :)

Edited by jb456

IF you prefer using a PCC you can always just call the standard 1-800 number and ask the person who you first speak with for a new PCC, I had to do that once myself after repeated problems like you've been having.

I would not use our PCC. I would book directly with NCL.

Our PCC came into being as we cancelled a suite for spring 2016 with all of what NCL has changed. This was not a low budget sailing!

Receivedd a call from a supposed concerned PCC asking why we cancelled. I told him we were tired of upcharges, changes in what we originally booked and lack of caring for us as the customer. I would not use this PCC and would rather have control over what little we can control.

I've had "spotty" service from PCC's in the past so now we just bypass any of that. I found that when we used a PCC we still had to provide just as much information about ourselves and what we were looking for to them as we did if we called and got someone randomly in the call center. There wasn't any noticeable personalized service that one would think came with a "Personal" Cruise Consultant.

Admittedly, I spend a lot of time on the website and poke around. I also price watch, almost every other day, to see if there are any price changes that would be beneficial. On our most recent booking, the cruise we're going on in just two days, I saved over $1,000 by price watching. I did have to give up some of our Latitudes perks after rebooking at one point, but the $$$ savings more than made up for the sacrificed Latitudes points.

I think the reps at the call center are terrific. I don't think I've ever had a bad experience or complaint after speaking with them, I find them very helpful and I ask a lot of questions.

I also ask for things just to see if I can get them. I once asked for an increase in OBC just out of the blue and got an additional $50. I figure the worst they can say is "no" right?