Mid Ship Lido Deck Balcony on Liberty?

rad798

We usually book a forward lido deck balcony when available.

Currently, looking at mid ship lido deck balcony on the Liberty.

Has anyone ever had issues with noise above from the Panorama deck. Or the pool area or elevators?

Just concerned, since no cabins are above and it looks like just multi layer decks with chairs.

On the Liberty last year I was above the BBQ, below a deck with chairs and right behind the elevators, but I was not on the lido deck. The elevators were really a non issue since there is a hallway between the cabin and the elevator shaft. It's not like being in a hotel room next to the elevator where you can hear it moving up and down. This was a high foot traffic area, but it was only people going back and forth to their cabins which wasn't bad at all. Late at night most people were going to bed so they were tired. I think people are more likely to be loud earlier in the night when leaving their cabin for dinner or bar hopping. I never noticed any noise then either but it wouldn't have bothered me. If your lido corridor would be used by people from other decks to get to an outside area, that could definitely increase the foot traffic which wouldn't be good.

Being above the BBQ restaurant meant that people could look up and see us if we were standing by our railing but pretty much no one ever seemed to be looking. Also we could hear people talking if they were loud, but that restaurant was only open for lunch on the sea days so it was no big deal.

Possibly the most noticeable aspect of our location was that someone was dragging chairs around on the deck above us at night. We occasionally heard this if it was happening just as we were going to bed when our cabin was completely quiet, but it was not enough to keep us awake the sound was pretty muffled.

Although I wasn't on the lido deck on the liberty, I have stayed on lido deck in the past and it was my absolute favorite location. I wouldn't be concerned unless you are a very light sleeper. However if you really value peace and quiet and every little noise is going to bother you even during the day, then look for a cabin with cabins above and below. Otherwise, I say, go for it!

we were on the Liberty 2 weeks ago, with a mid-ship balcony, Lido deck, starboard side (I THINK it was 9233), didn't have any problems with noise at all. actually, we were far enough forward that there were rooms above us, so I guess this won't answer your question?!?! But we loved the location, convenient to get around, etc.

We stay midship lido deck, right by the elevators all the time...never had a problem. Super convenient...especially with young children. I find myself running to the cabin several times over the course of the day and it's great!

Has anyone ever had issues with noise above from the Panorama deck. Or the pool area or elevators?

Just concerned, since no cabins are above and it looks like just multi layer decks with chairs.

Avoid 9276 at all costs!

See the vent in the red area? We were directly under it. It sounded like a jet engine 24 hours a day. We could't enjoy the balcony. We even heard it with the balcony door closed. It disturbed my sleep. The whole red and blue painted area is mid-ship. I don't know if the rest of that area is equally noisy, but we're not taking chances anymore. We only book Lido forward on Conquest class ships now.

ry%3D400

Thanks, everyone for the information. Especially, Stargate fan and SexyGrandma. Really appreciate the photo from Stargate fan.

After hearing about the vent noise and chair dragging noise from above in another Conquest class lido balcony thread, I think we will stick with the forward lido deck balcony. Maybe just a few cabins forward of the elevator area.

Thanks again!

Can't get a better location than that.