Booked through Travel Agent, Questions!

Hi all!

I just booked a cruise for March through a travel agent. Not usually my first choice but it's my best friend's wedding cruise and we had to use the agent for the group rate and such. No biggie but I've always booked directly with Carnival so not sure how this works. Will I be able to see my booking through my account with Carnival? They used my VIFP # so I would think so. I would like to book shore excursions though Carnival and not the agent because the prices are cheaper with Carnival surprisingly. I've tried searching for an answer but can't find one. Anyone here know how it works?

Thank you!!!

With a TA you have no control over anything fare or cabin related.

On your booking page you will not see any payment information. You can set up any excursions and onboard experiences (shore excursions, Bon voyage, spa etc) beforehand.

Make sure the excursions thru the TA aren't wedding related.

Carnival will not talk to you about your booking because you booked through a TA.

From the TA you should receive an invoice with your confirmation number. All payments should show the cruise line not the TA.

Edited by SadieN

We almost always use a TA and can see our booking. Sometimes you have to plug it in yourself, but the last two bookings it was there when I logged in on Carnival's website.

Yes you can book shore excursions directly on the Carnival site, order from bon voyage too. You just can't make any changes or make a payment without going through your TA. Never been a problem for me. In fact, it's worked to my advantage a few times when Carnival tried to screw me over with OBC and price drops. Hope the wedding and cruise are fabulous!

Thank you all for the help! I have logged into my Carnival account but still see no booking under it. Where do I input my booking number on there to see it? I just want to see my trip and be able to look for price drops, as we booked early saver.

Click on the "Manage" tab, then click "My Booking" and then "Add My Booking".

When you log in, go to "Manage" "My Booking" and enter your booking number. If you don't have a booking number, you need to get that from your TA. If they don't have a booking # to give to you then I say it's safe to assume they didn't book your cruise.

I use a TA (Booking Military or Early Saver) and she does a fantastic job but there are advantages and disadvantages. She does all the hard work and I do the remainder. Don't expect the TA to check daily for price reductions. That's your job. So just do a mock booking every week or when Carnival sales are announced to check pricing. Remember that with every cruise price reduction, the commission of the TA is reduced. That should tell you some thing. On the other hand, I just call or send an E-mail and a good TA will send a reply in a couple of hours. You can also do the Carnival excursions on your own and not involve the TA.

Oh I usually check on the prices daily so I don't miss anything! We have a pretty good TA/Wedding planner for this trip so it makes my mind at ease. I have my booking number just wasn't sure where to input that to make it show on my account.

I'm glad I can book excursions through Carnival too, the one we want is cheaper through there anyways :D

We almost always use a TA and can see our booking. Sometimes you have to plug it in yourself, but the last two bookings it was there when I logged in on Carnival's website.

Yes you can book shore excursions directly on the Carnival site, order from bon voyage too. You just can't make any changes or make a payment without going through your TA. Never been a problem for me. In fact, it's worked to my advantage a few times when Carnival tried to screw me over with OBC and price drops. Hope the wedding and cruise are fabulous!

We have a great travel agent and the same is true for us. We pick our cabin carefully so changing once we have booked is not an issue with us. (although is we wanted to change she would take care of it for us) Our TA will gladly make any requests for price drops and takes care of all the payments (including good insurance) ... she email reminds us and sends copies of the paid receipts.

Once we have a booking number (minutes after booking) we do all our own check-in, excursion bookings and services.

We like using her because, for us, it's nice to have someone that has your back if something goes wrong. It doesn't cost a penny more to use my TA and she often finds discounts and OB perks I can't see on my Carnival pages.:)