Carnival Triumph August 2015 5 day pre-review

3Pelicans

I was on the same cruise. Don't have time for a full review now but will definitely give some of the highlights!

Favorite Place to Eat: Blue Iguana Taco Bar near the pool (you can customize your taco/burrito with lots of yummy sauces and toppings).

Favorite Bar: Alchemy wins hands down for the quality of the actual drinks. If you like mixed drinks this is the place to go. Each drink was like a work of art and the bartenders were super friendly.

Best Entertainment: Piano bar. The piano player, Scott, was fabulous and had everyone at the bar singing along and having a good time. I've been to lots of piano bars and I've never seen the crowd so enthusiastic and engaged with the piano player.

Ports: Everyone already knows Cozumel. In Progreso you have to take a shuttle bus from port into town so it is a bit of a trek but it is a cute little town. Beaches didn't look like much. But worth going to once.

Stateroom: Triumph may be showing her age a bit here. The water temperature in the shower was never consistent, the buttons on my in-room phone didn't work and it was super cold in my room (there is no thermostat). I would also suggest that ladies bring their own hair dryer because the one in the room is attached to the wall in the bathroom and has a hose. II'd never seen anything like it before.

Overall impression: This was a fabulous cruise. The main dining room food/service was top notch, the entire crew were friendly and everyone seemed to be having a good time.

I was on the same cruise. Don't have time for a full review now but will definitely give some of the highlights!

Favorite Place to Eat: Blue Iguana Taco Bar near the pool (you can customize your taco/burrito with lots of yummy sauces and toppings).

Favorite Bar: Alchemy wins hands down for the quality of the actual drinks. If you like mixed drinks this is the place to go. Each drink was like a work of art and the bartenders were super friendly.

Best Entertainment: Piano bar. The piano player, Scott, was fabulous and had everyone at the bar singing along and having a good time. I've been to lots of piano bars and I've never seen the crowd so enthusiastic and engaged with the piano player.

Ports: Everyone already knows Cozumel. In Progreso you have to take a shuttle bus from port into town so it is a bit of a trek but it is a cute little town. Beaches didn't look like much. But worth going to once.

Stateroom: Triumph may be showing her age a bit here. The water temperature in the shower was never consistent, the buttons on my in-room phone didn't work and it was super cold in my room (there is no thermostat). I would also suggest that ladies bring their own hair dryer because the one in the room is attached to the wall in the bathroom and has a hose. II'd never seen anything like it before.

Overall impression: This was a fabulous cruise. The main dining room food/service was top notch, the entire crew were friendly and everyone seemed to be having a good time.

Thanks for the quick update, great to hear a recent review! Looking for to our September cruise!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For those wanting to see recent pics of the Triumph. This is as recent as it gets!

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalTriumph15/index.html

This guy is currently on the 11 day Journeys cruise on the Triumph (Oct. 24th - Nov. 4th) and he updates nightly, so he's only up to yesterday (the 28th). He even posts menus and fun times.

Day 1 (3 pages) has great pics of ALL areas on the boat. ENJOY!

The main page for the site is http://www.zydecocruiser.net. He's an avid cruiser and has picture reviews of many other cruises.

[side note: I have no affiliation with him. Came upon his site by accident and thought it was neat and wanted to share]

Edited by mcelromi1

For those wanting to see recent pics of the Triumph. This is as recent as it gets!

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalTriumph15/index.html

This guy is currently on the 11 day Journeys cruise on the Triumph (Oct. 24th - Nov. 4th) and he updates nightly, so he's only up to yesterday (the 28th). He even posts menus and fun times.

Day 1 (3 pages) has great pics of ALL areas on the boat. ENJOY!

The main page for the site is www.zydecocruiser.net. He's an avid cruiser and has picture reviews of many other cruises.

[side note: I have no affiliation with him. Came upon his site by accident and thought it was neat and wanted to share]

Thank you!

Triumph does have a thermostat type thing it's hard to find though. If you look closely on the air vent there is a handle that turns (ours was broken off on first cruise)

Going on triumph in January again thanks for the reviews and comments

• 3 weeks later...