taxis FROM Palma beaches back to port?

ATLfuzzy

Hello all,

I don't see this particular question answered elsewhere. I am deciding on beaches for our Palma port stop. I don't believe I want to visit the beaches on the cruiseline shore excursion.

My question is regarding taxis FROM the beach back to the port. I am wondering if these beaches have plentiful taxis, or are close enough to an area that *does* have taxis back to port. If Illetas is too remote and taxis back to port aren't plentiful, I might not risk that.

Illetas Beach? (looks a little remote?).

Playa de Palma? (assuming no problem for taxi with all the hotels).

Palma Nova ( I have read that taxis are lined up here, no problem). This is the cruiseline beach, in case I change my mind.

Thanks for your input on my taxi inquiry.

Edited by ATLfuzzy

Illetas isn't remote and is far more attractive than Playa de Palma and Palma Nova; however it is smaller coves rather than a vast expanse of sand. There are several large hotels there that have taxis outside or will call one for you. No problem at Palma Nova or Playa de Palma as always plenty of cabs there - Palma Nova is much nicer than Playa de Palma IMO.

I second the advice from Campolady. All the places that you have mentioned are easy to get taxis. Mallorca is an extremely popular holiday destination and has very few remote places. Apart from hotels, it is very unlikely you would be in an area that doesn't have at least a bar or restaurant that will call you a taxi. So is not going to be a problem.

We came back in July, we did the same, took a taxi to Palma Nova and back to the ship. No problem at all in Palma Nova, there is a taxi stand in there and the taxis were waiting. Around 20 euros one way. The taxi driver that took us to the beach, told us where the stand is (no way to miss it! the taxi just drop you in the same place) and that we needed to specify that we wanted to go to the cruise port in our way back.

The beach is nice, they have a public section with shower, we went there. I think that all the beach is public, but there is also private areas with lounges and beach umbrellas. We didn't take because it was late in the afternoon and we didn't have too much beach time, we planned to spend the whole time in the water and that is what we did, no time for tanning.