Checking for gift cards w/AARP

jdcml

I've seen a few threads of people that have missed the gift cards or others that check multiple times each day hoping to be able to get them before they are gone. Without this being a 'tech support' thread, I wanted to pass along that I found an add-on for Firefox that will do that for you. I have it set to check the AARP site every minute and if it sees a change it lets me know :D.

If you've got a little tech savy (or a child/grandchild that does!), it isn't overly difficult. If you don't, it may be more hassle than it is worth! I am using distill but there may be others too. The one challenge is that whenever I open my browser the first time in the morning I have to actually check the site manually and log in to AARP, then it seems to keep it the rest of the day once I've logged in.

A few other points... this will only work if your browser is open. If you work on a computer all day that's a given. If you don't, then it won't be much benefit for you. It won't check specifically for CCL cards, just for changes on the page so you may get a few false alerts from time to time. I don't know about anything similar for Chrome or IE or any other browsers it may be out there as well. I don't have Verizon so I don't know if it would work on that site too.

After all of those don'ts and wont's if you are still interested give it a shot. I worked well for me with the last set that showed up and I was able to pay off my cruise :D

Not really sure what you are suggesting people do, but I stay logged in on AARP and Verizon on every computer device I have. When I am looking to buy the cards, I just log in and check. Granted, I do sit at a computer all day. And if I'm traveling I log in from my cell phone. I've been pretty lucky and was able to pay off two cabins and get enough OBC for 6 people plus tip off my brother for his upcoming cruise to when they are available.

I personally advise against people waiting to see threads updated or started here. But that's just me. By the time someone posts, trust and believe they have already gotten their own. JUST.KEEP.CHECKING!:p