Adventure of the Seas- Balloon Arch across dining room (or in any other area)

For those just off the Adventure of the seas ship, or going on could you let me know if this ship has the balloon arch across the entrance of the buffet restaurant (or in any other areas), and if they were latex or mylar? The last RC cruise we went on had one and I was unable to access the buffet the whole time due to it. My latex allergies are airborne so it’s more risky than those who are contact allergic only. I have emailed RC directly to ask but wanted to get input from those actually on the ship.

Thanks!

Edited by adventure4life

What ship were you on that had a balloon arch? It was up for the entire cruise? Was it during a holiday season?

Maybe I never noticed, but I do not recall seeing a balloon arch on any cruise except on New Years Eve.

I don't recall seeing one, but wouldn't rely on memory of previous cruisers who aren't as in tunew to noticing. IF they do have one, you may also be able to ask them to remove it? I don't think that's out of the question. Maybe try to see if anyone has reentry taken video in that area on youtube? Or go through some recent reviews to see if people have posted pictures of that area in particular? And, for safety sake, I hope you have some kind of epi pen or something just in case they do have a balloon for some reason.

OP had Adventure in their subject line.

Adventure is the next cruise the OP is going on.

The post says that on a past cruise, there was a balloon arch, but did not specify this previous ship

Edited by DonnaK

For those just off the Adventure of the seas ship, or going on could you let me know if this ship has the balloon arch across the entrance of the buffet restaurant (or in any other areas), and if they were latex or mylar? The last RC cruise we went on had one and I was unable to access the buffet the whole time due to it. My latex allergies are airborne so it’s more risky than those who are contact allergic only. I have emailed RC directly to ask but wanted to get input from those actually on the ship.

Thanks!

I'm thinking that if there is any latex at the entrance to Windjammer, you could probably get them to let you enter Windjammer by going through Giovanni's Table.

Thank you everyone for your input and thoughts. It was Oasis of the sea and they had a giant balloon arch across the entrance on the buffet side (you can't see it from the hallway side). Unfortunately, with a airborne allergy going in a different door doesn't help since the allergen is airborne. AND the risk of the latex particles settling on the food, then I ingest it and have a whole other slew of allergy issues. I had to avoid that end of the ship all week. I have emailed RC to ask their process as it is blocks entrance under ADA (american disability act). I'd prefer to find a ship they don't do this on VS asking them to change their processes, and risk that they don't and I'm unable to use that end of the ship. Buffet hours and dress code is much nicer to deal with all week :-). I'll check for videos and pics online, thank you. yes, I do carry several EPI's with me everywhere. More times than not I need to use it due to a child in the grocery store with a balloon tied to their wrist.

If anyone is going, please let me know what you find!

Thank you!!

Edited by adventure4life

I was just on in July and have no recollection of seeing any balloons anywhere. However, I wouldn't risk an anaphylactic episode based on my aging, unreliable memory. I agree with the suggestion that you contact the special needs department vs. just talking to someone on the main phone line.