Caribbean Princess Cabin # C106.

tony&lili

• 11 years later...

Just got off a 14 day cruise from Quebec to Ft. Lauderdale. I selected C106 because it looked bigger on all the deck plans i looked at, however I don't think it was. I didn't bring a tape measure but on each side of the double bed we had the standard small table. There was no room for anything else, in other words it was wall, table, double bed, table, wall. In front of the bed, standard small table, small fridge and TV. Space between the table and bed was about 2.5 feet. The bathroom was your standard small shower and small bathroom. The room of course is in the very front of the ship which brings in a few issues. First, every time you want to go eat it's a long walk to the back. We actually enjoyed the exercise but for those who don't want a long walk you don't want this. More importantly, if you like to go to bed early keep in mind that you're right above Princess Theater. While they had early shows, they always had a 10pm show, and while you can't really hear the band, the drums are very real. And this continues until about 10:45pm. Also, if you like to sleep in, that may be an issue because every time they pull into port you hear and feel the front thrusters and the ropes and chains going out to tie up. If you're tendering that day you hear the anchors and chains going out. You should also know that there is a metal stairway used by the crew right next to this cabin. Often I would hear crew running up and down the stairs, even at 2 or 3 am! But I think the thing that I disliked the most was that the crews smoking lounge is somewhere nearby and so the hallway right outside our room often reaked of smoke, and we got some smell of it in our room because the door is not very well sealed (at night you can see light coming in all around the door. I feel like I was getting a lot of second hand smoke all night in my room. Bottom line, it was OK but I wouldn't stay here again.