Return flight out of Houston Hobby

Xyla

We are cruising out of Houston this coming January, returning 1/10/16. My daughter is heading directly back to school from there and Southwest has the choice of two direct flights, one at 11:40 am and the other at 6:25 pm. Is the earlier flight too risky? She is flying solo, so we don't have to park or return a rental car, we can take her right to ticketing at the airport.

We are cruising out of Houston this coming January, returning 1/10/16. My daughter is heading directly back to school from there and Southwest has the choice of two direct flights, one at 11:40 am and the other at 6:25 pm. Is the earlier flight too risky? She is flying solo, so we don't have to park or return a rental car, we can take her right to ticketing at the airport.

We are booked on a Repo from Bayonne to Galveston in February.

I saw you are from Pennsylvania, and I just booked a one way direct return flight from Houston Bush Airport to Philly airport, in February for $99 per person @ 5:40PM on a Saturday. They had a Friday flight for $129pp. We switch from AA and Southwest, depending on the flight time and price for most traveling. I have an AA credit card , so free bags on either airline.

Of course if your daughter is not flying back to Philly, then my suggestion doesn't help much, but someone else may read it.

PS: 11:40AM doesn't sound too early if she walks off with her bags, and books a shuttle or other individual transportation, as Hobby Airport is closer to the port. I am not familiar with customs lines there, and if there are bottlenecks. Good luck!

Fog can be a problem in January. I would consider using Princess Air. They will reroute you if you miss your flight. Due to fog we were delayed 6 hours. We ate in the MDR and it was not pretty. Since we were close to shore, people had cell service. We couldn't help but over hear conversation at the tables around us. People were racking up hundreds of dollars in change fees. Those with Princess Air were simply rerouted.

Thanks for all the responses. My daughter is flying into EWR since she goes to school in NJ and her semester starts the following day. (We currently live in PA but are relocating to TX prior to our cruise, so we are driving to/from the port).

I think to be safe, we will probably book the evening flight for her and find something to do during the day in Houston. Otherwise, I'll probably stress about fog and a delayed return the whole trip.

Curious as to what ship you are on from Bayonne to Galveston in Feb. 2016?

The repo of the Liberty of the Seas is November 1, 2015 from Cape Liberty to Galveston

My mistake. Not in Feb, that was my other cruise.

It was for This Nov 13? Actually the fare is not available now and the flight was canceled. We got rebooked by them the next day at the the same price.