recent Getaway cruisers--how was your MEet and Greet?

sunsetme

Unless things have changed, there's always a handful of officers on hand to answer questions. At every M&G I've gone to we've also gotten a card with their names and contact info in case we have any issues during the cruise. There have always been some refreshments available... Usually because they're around 11am it's things like juice, coffee, pastries and cookies. I've never been on any other cruise line to compare, but have heard (and seen) that NCL really makes an effort for the M&Gs. They want to hear what the participants have to say and address any issues they may have. The best example of this was when I was on the Pearl in Alaska last year. Not only did they arrange the initial M&G, but they invited everyone there to go do a tour of the bridge afterward (smaller ship, so smaller group), and then invited everyone back at the end of the week to have a follow up session with many of the same officers so they could hear how the week went and get suggestions for change.

There's really 2 parts to the M&G though. NCL does their part, but the organizers are also responsible for how well they turn out. Many organizers put in long hours to engage with the group to organize the event, along with other get togethers for things like cabin crawls, slot pulls, gift exchanges, etc.

The Officers who are at the Meet and Greet are the Senior Hotel Officers: Hotel Director, Assistant Hotel Director, Food nd Beverage Director and the like.

It is a very nice time. To me it is worth the effort to attend.

It sounds great. I'm bummed because no one on my roll call is interested in a meet and greet, and I would have loved to attend one, especially since I'm traveling alone.

We found the same thing happened when we cruised on the Epic. There were mostly Europeans cruising with many foreign languages. We were so looking forward to the Meet and Greet. I had asked to have one on the roll call but not too many people even posted.

Last year on the Gem, we finally had our first meet and greet. It was a nice meeting. It was wonderful to see the officers show up and to meet those we had posted with.

When is your cruise?

Very soon! August 26 on the Epic out of Rome.

We found the same thing happened when we cruised on the Epic. There were mostly Europeans cruising with many foreign languages. We were so looking forward to the Meet and Greet. I had asked to have one on the roll call but not too many people even posted.

Last year on the Gem, we finally had our first meet and greet. It was a nice meeting. It was wonderful to see the officers show up and to meet those we had posted with.

That probably explains it! Our roll call has been pretty quiet, and the major port of embarkation is actually Barcelona 3 days earlier. There's a Meet and Greet for that embarkation, but it's before I board.

I guess I'll just have to book another cruise to experience one--any excuse to cruise again, right? :p

Very soon! August 26 on the Epic out of Rome.

That probably explains it! Our roll call has been pretty quiet, and the major port of embarkation is actually Barcelona 3 days earlier. There's a Meet and Greet for that embarkation, but it's before I board.

I guess I'll just have to book another cruise to experience one--any excuse to cruise again, right? :p

Exactly 25 cruises taken and 5 booked.

Curious to know how it went. Did any officers show up or the CD? Any refreshments available?

Just off the Getaway (August 1st); great M & G. Seems like all upper echelon showed up, other than the captain. Same as when we were on the Getaway in May. And the Epic in March.

Coffee, tea, juice, water, pastries, muffins and cookies. Also made for attendees were smoothies. I don't do smoothies so CD bought me a glass of wine instead. NCL does a great job for the CC M&G's.