royal family suite

vision

hi

just wondering if anyone has any info on royal family suites on vision of the seas, i'm assuming their is no concierge, but is there any benefits we are in 8020

thanks for any info:) :)

Yes, I'd like to know too! We will be in 8520 (7 people total). All I know about is getting to board before others since it is a suite, and the C&A credits.

We are in the Family Royal Suite #8520 sailing 10/2/05. I don't think there are any benefits on the Vision or Rhapsody since they are older ships. The newer ships offer the concierge. I have tried to search for threads that offer these answers, but have come up short.

We have been in the Royal Family Suite twice on Rhapsody. No concierge is correct. We did get to check-in in the suite line which was quicker, and when they started boarding the ship, we got to stand in the suite line, which was shorter. We did receive some food delivered to our room and we did get bathrobes. We did receive priority tender tickets for our stop in Grand Cayman as this is a tender stop. We were in one of the first group to debark the ship. We did have one of the better stateroom attendants as they tend to work their way up the ship from the closets on deck 2 to the larger rooms on deck 8. We did have a lot of room, as the RFS has great storage space. We learned that the hard way in year three as the RFS was not available and we got connecting JS's. DW really missed the large closet that comes with the RFS. We really enjoyed the "living room" space in the cabin where we could play games. The half of the cabin that is the master bedroom and bath is very spacious for a cruise ship. The kids enjoyed their bedroom with the two twin beds and two pullmen. It was nice and dark in that room! You'll enjoy the room and the convenience of having the whole family in one cabin!!

Could you tell me if the prices for the RFS are the same for each person sharing the suite regardless of numbers? My DH and I are traveling on the Legend of the Seas next August to the Med for 14 days. I had never looked into prices for suites, balconies etc as I had assumed they'd be massively expensive. But just wondered as there are 6, my two DD and their DBF, if a large room might accommodate all of us and if there were any reductions as the number of people increase? At present we are booked in 3 outside oceanview cabins...2 are connecting.Many thanks.

well we dont seem to be getting very far then. We have 2 adults and 3 kids in ours hopefully it will be comfortable, wouldnt mind early boarding but hey whatever comes our way.

Thanks anyway

We just returned from an Aft RFS on the Enchantment, and loved it! The suite in the Vision seems to be on the side of the boat, so won't have the huge balcony, but will still have lots of glass overlooking the ocean, and more than enough room for a family of 5. We spent quite a bit of time just hanging out in ours, as we enjoyed the room so much, and you will appreciate 2 private bedrooms and bathrooms as well as the priority boarding and tendering, even if there is no concierge lounge. These suites vary a lot from ship to ship, and some of them have master bedrooms without windows, but yours should be very nice. We found the furnishings to be less luxurious than for other suites, but still very comfortable, and perfect for a family! For us, DW and I each paid a relatively high fare, but it was quite reasonable to add addtional PAX to the cabin (299/person, I think). We would book a RFS again without hesitation if we were travelling with our children. Have a great cruise!

Pricing is the same as other cabins. ie: First two one price, each additional another price. Our experience was that the first two were expensive, similar to Grand Suite rate. Mathmatically, six in the RFS was about the same as two JS, (with two JS you pay for four at the higher price). Hope that helps! If you have more than four people, you will have two reservation numbers for the same cabin as they can only have four on a reservation....

Archived