Conquest out of Galveston

nikblondiew

I am sailing 01/01/06 on the Conquest. We were suppose to sail out of New Orleans but because of Katrina we got moved to Galveston. We received a $50 credit but would have rathered sailed out of New Orleans but what can you do. As things look we most likely won't sail out of Galveston either if Rita does the damage they anticipate. Anyone know anymore information?

Thanks!

Well, as for "the damage they anticipate" I have heard all kinds of things. I've heard everything from "if it misses Galveston the sea wall will probably hold" to "if it's a cat 5 and hits head on Galveston will be under water."

We're supposed to sail from Galveston on 10/30, and I'm just trying to not even speculate. It's crossed my mind that by then they might not be able to accommodate cruise ships... but in all honesty my emotions about the cruise get all clouded when thinking about the fact that if the port is damaged enough that I can't cruise from there, there are going to be thousands of people in a much worse pickle.

After everything I've been through this season with this cruise and the blasted hurricanes, if we have to cancel this cruise we're just gonna give up, at least for now.

I'd still like to keep my little stash of "two cents chips" on the betting square for "a heavy hit but not devastating as New Orleans."

We are sailing 10/08/06 on the conquest. We were also suppose to sail out of New Orleans and now Galveston we are told that NO will be up and running by then and then I was told that the conquest will be staying in Galveston for a long time so we don't know which way to look for hotels..

We are on the same page here. We have people in our group trying to book airfare and reserve hotels. I talked with a rep from Carnival this morning she said that if Galveston is damaged substantially they will more than likely move the Conquest to a port in FL; either Tampa or Miami.

After everything I've been through this season with this cruise and the blasted hurricanes, if we have to cancel this cruise we're just gonna give up, at least for now.

Rose, you CAN'T give up!!:eek: This is your honeymoon cruise. You are being upgraded to a suite, the beer fairy is hiding in your cooler, you're gonna have secks and be preggers by the time you come home:D I know it has been a lot of research for you and now all this planning up in the air not really knowing what will happen. But.......you 2 deserve this trip, wherever it sails from.

Rose, you CAN'T give up!!:eek: This is your honeymoon cruise. You are being upgraded to a suite, the beer fairy is hiding in your cooler, you're gonna have secks and be preggers by the time you come home:D I know it has been a lot of research for you and now all this planning up in the air not really knowing what will happen. But.......you 2 deserve this trip, wherever it sails from.

Ha!

Aw, thanks! I know, it sure looks like it would suck but if we have to get to Florida, I just don't know if we have enough money left over in the budget to fly there on short notice. And board the dog and the cat, who were going to stay with family in San Antonio while we were gone. And all of that stuff.

I know we'll do whatever we can do to make it happen. I just hope in my heart, both for them and for me, that Texas (and all the gulf) doesn't take it as hard from Rita as people have speculated.

***fingers crossed***

We were scheduled to leave 9/11/05 out of NO and this was my first cruise, then came katrina the nasty lil witch! To say the least Im a planner and if something unexpected happens I freak out(which I did) when they moved us to Galveston. I was at the point of telling my husband lets just cancel , maybe its just not meant for us to go. But he kept insisting we needed this vacation. We finally made it to Galveston after alot of praying on the airplane(as I am afraid to fly) and once we got onboard the ship I was thankful that he had been so persistant. We had an amazing time and I have been checking out future cruise dates since we walked back in the door at home. So just dont give up as I will assure you once you finally get there it will be one of the most relaxing vacations you will ever take!

I am hoping and praying and looking forward to it with all my heart. I mean not only is it one of those special occasions things, but I work for myself so if I don't actually GO SOMEWHERE I will not stop working. It is 9:30pm on a Thursday and I am surfing the board on a break from - you guessed it - work. I've been working since 9:30 this morning. I will be working until 11pm tonight.

If I don't physically leave the house, since I work for myself/at home, I don't take vacations or anything. And I have **never** taken 2 weeks vacation from any job I've ever had, ever. We were planning a leisurely trip down to SAn Antonio to visit family, then the cruise, then a leisurely trip home, taking me out of work for nearly two weeks.

I have to keep my fingers crossed - but if the Conquest ends up in Miami or something, we just aren't going to be able to do it. Can't afford the airfare. Maybe we'll go to Las Vegas for a week or something, who knows.

I just have to think positive, hoping and praying that not only the people of Texas end up safe, but that Galveston is still sailable. ***fingers crossed like crazy***

If Houston and Galveston both get made unserviceable, Miami is going to be clogged up with ships.

Are group is the same way if they have to move the ship again and they move it to FL then we will just have to cancel are cruise or try going with a diffrent cruise line. We all are from OK. and FL is a long way to drive or cost to much to fly so I guess we will have to just wait and see...

We're in the same situation. 10 members of my family are scheduled on the 1/1/06 Conquest out of Galveston. We had hotel reservations in NO, and now have reservations outside of Houston. We're all planning to drive from Arkansas. If the Conquest gets moved to FL, we won't probably be able to make it either. That's a lot of airline tickets to purchase.

We're in the same situation. 10 members of my family are scheduled on the 1/1/06 Conquest out of Galveston. We had hotel reservations in NO, and now have reservations outside of Houston. We're all planning to drive from Arkansas. If the Conquest gets moved to FL, we won't probably be able to make it either. That's a lot of airline tickets to purchase.

Lisad63 we are on the same cruise and it looks like we are cruising out of Galveston! We drank Rita-caines (1/2 hurricane 1/2 margarita):eek: all last night watching the news praying that Galveston would be spared. Looks like the plan worked. I just hope that other areas fair well also.

Unfortunately for me personally as I'm from MS, it looks as though the Conquest will be sailing from Galveston atleast until June 2006!

RCCl told me as of 9/22 they were still planning to depart in DEC. 2005 from New Orleans with the Grandeur of the Seas. I sure hope they do/can!

Sensation won't be back in New Orleans until October 2006!

I live in Texas but would rather cruise from New Orleans too. Looks like Conquest is going to be in Texas permanently. Our Oct 2006 cruise has already been listed as sailing fron Galveston.

Doesn't matter to me....just get me on the ship. :D

we are group of 22 going on conquest.we all change flights or driving plans to go.it will be most of us our 2nd trip and hope for many more. cannot even think that they may cancel so keep that thought out of your minds

Hey Les...come over to our Roll Call..

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=114010

Hope to see you on board!!

Archived