O2 phone

Hmn028

Hi all,

Is anyone on O2? Because my girlfriend is wanting to text/phone me whilst I'm away, and we don't know if it costs her to text or receive messages etc either when I'm in port or using maritime roaming service. If anyone knows of any info regarding O2 messaging when someone is in the UK, any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and kind regards.

Nope it won't cost her any extra if she's in the uk still. If your both on O2 though down load a app from O2 called Tugo it allows you to use your phone to make calls as normal when connected to wifi with out any charge I've used it in China the Caribbean Norway and the Med in the last year with out any problem or charge. Just to be safe though I don't make sure my network is turned off and I am on wifi only.

Whatever network you are on, for phone purposes, whilst at sea you will be connected to the Maritime network - and calls and texts are expensive to make and receive. All networks have to pay to use the Maritime networks. You must turn off data roaming whilst connected to the maritime network or you may find some unexpected charges when apps update in the background.

I understand that all networks will have some kind of a package when ashore abroad and they will be a lot cheaper than using the ships network so wil be better to restrict contact unless in port.

The alternative is to connect your phone to use ships wifi and whatever app your network has. But wifi on board is notoriously temperamental and of course expensive too.