My TA says don't touch MSC??

Donsyb

Ugh! I hope what you heard about MSC's new Miami ship in 2017 doesn't pan out. Why I loved my first MSC sailing was because it was different than the American way. Such a beautiful mix of languages and cultures all having a good time together!

Between that and the YC is EXACTLY why I fell in love with MSC. I'm with you Mrs. Squirrel. MSC is NOT Carnival, Celebrity, RCCL, NCL or HAL - it has its own brand and I wanted something different and my style and found it in MSC!

We have been looking at booking MSC Opera from Cuba next year, however my TA (a friend) says he won't touch them because whenever he's booked anyone on MSC they've had nothing but complaints afterwards.

Are they really that bad? We're limited in choice as currently the only cruise lines visiting Cuba are MSC, Thomson (great itinerary but almost twice the price of MSC) and Cuba Cruise (again very expensive).

Have a look at my new review from Divina, 3rd time with MSC.:D

I was curious to see the itinerary of your cruise-but,unfortunately-there are not whole days in port (well,just 2...almost);I made a copy of the itinerary-take a look:

Cruise

MSC Orchestra: All the elements onboard MSC Orchestra work in harmony to create an outstanding experience for your cruise vacation. Attention to detail, Mediterranean hospitality, delicious Italian cuisine: a perfect location for a carefree cruise vacation at sea!

Cruise Itinerary

Day Date Port Arrival Departure Activity*

1 Sun Jun 05 Venice .... 17:00 Docked

2 Mon Jun 06 Bari 13:00 18:00 Docked

3 Tue Jun 07 Katakolon 13:00 19:00 Docked

4 Wed Jun 08 Santorini 09:00 17:00

5 Thu Jun 09 Piraeus 07:30 16:30 Docked

6 Fri Jun 10 Corfù 12:30 18:30 Docked

7 Sat Jun 11 Kotor 07:00 13:00 Docked/Tender

8 Sun Jun 12 Venice 09:00 .... Docked

*Information subject to change based on anchorage availability.

I just went to go look at my booking, and those times are indeed correct. I guess because I am only doing half day excursions, I didn't really pay close attention. My main reason for sailing this itinerary is for Santorini so the others will be walking tours or short excursions because of my travel partners for this cruise.

I am also looking forward to Kotor as the sail in almost looks like the norwegian fjords. Corfu and Katakalon will probably be beach excursions and/or water park for my daughter.

I just went to go look at my booking, and those times are indeed correct. I guess because I am only doing half day excursions, I didn't really pay close attention. My main reason for sailing this itinerary is for Santorini so the others will be walking tours or short excursions because of my travel partners for this cruise.

I am also looking forward to Kotor as the sail in almost looks like the norwegian fjords. Corfu and Katakalon will probably be beach excursions and/or water park for my daughter.

When you go to Santorini may I suggest you take a ship's tour as they leave the ship first. When the tours are off the ship moves to another anchorage where the modes of transport up the hill are a cable car; donkeys (I'd urge people to boycott them as they look terribly mistreated); or walking up the very steep donkey track., fighting your way past the donkeys coming down.

The queues to get off and the subsequent queues for the cable car are often extremely long, especialy if other ships are calling at the same time. You have to be up early and waiting a long time to be among the first non-tour guests off the ship.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

When you go to Santorini may I suggest you take a ship's tour as they leave the ship first. When the tours are off the ship moves to another anchorage where the modes of transport up the hill are a cable car; donkeys (I'd urge people to boycott them as they look terribly mistreated); or walking up the very steep donkey track., fighting your way past the donkeys coming down.

The queues to get off and the subsequent queues for the cable car are often extremely long, especialy if other ships are calling at the same time. You have to be up early and waiting a long time to be among the first non-tour guests off the ship.

Pete

Well good to know I made the right choice as I booked the half day morning tour to Oia, ship excursion.:D If I recall correctly, you board a bus that takes you to the top but you come down in a cable car.