Oasis Dining

Long story short - first RCI announced they were going to introduce the Dynamic Dining concept from the Quantum class onto the Oasis class ships. When Oasis and Allure were in their last drydock periods, the MDRs were split into three restaurants, one on each deck of the MDR - American Icon (Deck 3), The Grande (Deck 4), and Silk (Deck 5). Additionally a good portion of the Viking Crown was converted to a Coastal Kitchen for suite guests.

Then, RCI announced they were going to delay introduction of Dynamic Dining until later this year and then they went back and said Dynamic Dining would not be coming to the Oasis class. The MDR will continue to use the traditional dining menus rather than the associated Dynamic Dining menus.

That was the main crux. Other changes:

1. The private dining room on the port side of Deck 4 was converted to Izumi (sushi and teppanyaki)

2. The private dining room on the starboard side of Deck 4 was converted to the Diamond Club

3. Cupcake Cupboard was removed and is now the Kate Spade store

4. Seafood Shack was converted to Sabor

5. The Ice Cream Parlor is now Cups and Scoops

6. Boardwalk Donut Shop was converted to Boardwalk Dog House

7. Concierge Club has had Wonderland added to it

8. The Izumi that was part of Windjammer has been removed and converted to be part of Windjammer

9. Starboard side of Viking Crown becomes Coastal Kitchen

Edited by garnetpalmetto

Long story short - first RCI announced they were going to introduce the Dynamic Dining concept from the Quantum class onto the Oasis class ships. When Oasis and Allure were in their last drydock periods, the MDRs were split into three restaurants, one on each deck of the MDR - American Icon (Deck 3), The Grande (Deck 4), and Silk (Deck 5). Additionally a good portion of the Viking Crown was converted to a Coastal Kitchen for suite guests.

Then, RCI announced they were going to delay introduction of Dynamic Dining until later this year and then they went back and said Dynamic Dining would not be coming to the Oasis class. The MDR will continue to use the traditional dining menus rather than the associated Dynamic Dining menus.

1. The private dining room on the port side of Deck 4 was converted to Izumi (sushi and teppanyaki)

2. The private dining room on the starboard side of Deck 4 was converted to the Diamond Club

8. The Izumi that was part of Windjammer has been removed and converted to be part of Windjammer

The Diamond Lounge is no longer on deck 4. It has been moved to decks 11 and 12 where the Wonderland was. From what I understand there is no longer a Wonderland.

The Diamond Lounge is no longer on deck 4. It has been moved to decks 11 and 12 where the Wonderland was. From what I understand there is no longer a Wonderland.

Thanks for the correction - looks like I found an older version of what was GOING to happen originally! And yes, looking at RCI's actual deckplans, no Wonderland

Was the donut shop a free donut place? If so, is there another donut place onboard now?

Also, is the ENTIRE Viking Crown Lounge closed to non suite guests? Viking Crown was one of our FAVORITE places to go and just chill for a bit.

[/color]

Was the donut shop a free donut place? If so, is there another donut place onboard now?

Also, is the ENTIRE Viking Crown Lounge closed to non suite guests? Viking Crown was one of our FAVORITE places to go and just chill for a bit.

Boardwalk Donuts was a complementary venue, although for what it's worth I never saw any good reviews about their offerings. I think from what I've read there's a doughnut station that's part of Cups and Scoops that has doughnuts stocked in the morning. I'm sure there are other venues onboard (Windjammer, for instance) where one could get their doughnut fix. I'm a confirmed Krispy Kreme fan, so if RCI ever enters into an agreement with them, you'll find me semi-permanently parked outside there.

Edited by garnetpalmetto

I keep reading different things. Can someone 100% confirm if wonderland, the molecular restaurant, is on Oasis?

There is not a Wonderland venue on Oasis and it is not currently indicated on the fleet dining chart that Oasis or Allure will get Wonderland. I expect that may change.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/statichtmlpage.do?pagename=brochure_dining_guide_options

Wonderland is onboard the 3 Quantum Class ships and will be on Harmony.

The confusion stems from the fact that Wonderland was actually under construction on Oasis following the Rotterdam dry dock. They soon changed their plans and they moved the D and D+ lounge to that location.

Edited by MADflyer

I've been following along from the start of the changes. But there's one thing I'm still confused about. How exactly was the main dining room ever going to be any different? It seems like they just slapped a different name on each floor of the dining room and added some different decorations. But the same atrium, same chandelier even? It doesn't seem like anything would have been much different.

I've been following along from the start of the changes. But there's one thing I'm still confused about. How exactly was the main dining room ever going to be any different? It seems like they just slapped a different name on each floor of the dining room and added some different decorations. But the same atrium, same chandelier even? It doesn't seem like anything would have been much different.

It was going to be three different dining rooms with different menus in each restaurant, very similar to how the Quantum class is now.

I was on the sailing right after dry dock on Oasis. They had done a very good job renovating each level. The actual design of each venue was really well thought out.

You could say with the new design that American Icon became the MDR on the lower level. Only those seated looking directly to the atrium might have noticed the other levels.

Oddly, I thought I remembered that the chandelier had been removed, but I can not find any photos to confirm this.

The menu and wait staff attire would have certainly been the distinguishing factor.

While on a cruise ship having 3 venues sharing an atrium might be unique, it is really not unique as many venues around the world have multiple restaurants on multiple levels of the same location and just thinking of convention or resort hotel it is not at all unusual for them to have many venues sharing a location or atrium.

I was on the sailing right after dry dock on Oasis. They had done a very good job renovating each level. The actual design of each venue was really well thought out.

You could say with the new design that American Icon became the MDR on the lower level. Only those seated looking directly to the atrium might have noticed the other levels.

Oddly, I thought I remembered that the chandelier had been removed, but I can not find any photos to confirm this.

The menu and wait staff attire would have certainly been the distinguishing factor.

While on a cruise ship having 3 venues sharing an atrium might be unique, it is really not unique as many venues around the world have multiple restaurants on multiple levels of the same location and just thinking of convention or resort hotel it is not at all unusual for them to have many venues sharing a location or atrium.

There was definitely a chandelier on the Oasis in May, although it may have been different than the original one, as it has shades of some sort. If I find picture, I'll post it.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser