New Orleans transportation options

SoBigSoSexy

We are going to be on a Journeys cruise in October that leaves from San Juan and arrives in New Orleans. Our flight doesn't leave until 7:30 pm so I was thinking of renting a car for a few hours and checking out the sites (never been to N.O.). We would be picking up the car at the New Orleans airport so my question is what are my options as far as getting to the airport and the associated costs. I know I can do a Carnival Transfer for $47 for both of us but because our flight is so late we would be stuck until the last transfer and really are not interested in waiting all day just to get a ride. Does anybody know what a Taxi would cost or have any suggestion?

Are you wanting to explore the French Quarter? If so it makes more sense to simply store your luggage (google new Orleans luggage storage) and walk to the Quarter - the port is just blocks away. Plus parking is a premium downtown. You can also catch the trolley on Canal out to the garden district. Once you're done collect your luggage and grab a cab to the airport

We are going to be on a Journeys cruise in October that leaves from San Juan and arrives in New Orleans. Our flight doesn't leave until 7:30 pm so I was thinking of renting a car for a few hours and checking out the sites (never been to N.O.). We would be picking up the car at the New Orleans airport so my question is what are my options as far as getting to the airport and the associated costs. I know I can do a Carnival Transfer for $47 for both of us but because our flight is so late we would be stuck until the last transfer and really are not interested in waiting all day just to get a ride. Does anybody know what a Taxi would cost or have any suggestion?

NO is not much of a driving town. Traffic is bad, parking is terrible. What kind of sightseeing are you looking to do? If your talking about the French Quarter/Canal St etc. You better of stashing your luggage and walking. If you have other plans your going to use up an hour or so on each end with the rental car and I'm not sure where you would go?