2/2016 Allure of the Seas Wedding

I am getting married while at sea, hopefully on 2/16/2016 on the RCCL Allure. I need suggestions on a few things. We are expecting 25 - 40 friends and family. For those of you who have done this before, would you suggest having some type of reception with either a dj or a band? Is it worth paying a fortune for hors d' oeuvres before or after or would you recommend just going to a lunch or dinner afterwards? Did you like the bouquet you were given?? Did you get flowers for the rest of your wedding party? If so, did you like them? What time of day was your wedding? Did you get the day/ time you had requested?? I'm sure I have more questions, but I think I will stop here for now šŸ˜€

• 1 month later...

Hi jacker2014 I was married on the Allure at sea on 2/15/13. What bought out 150 Central Park for dinner and then had a reception in dazzles with a DJ. It was perfect! I would skip hors d'oeuvres prob not necessary. The bouquet really was just a few a roses, I used it for the bouquet toss and brought on my own bouquet of silk flowers I bought from a great seller on Etsy called Glam Floral. We did the ceremony at 4, dinner at 6 and reception at 8. I did get the day I requested and everyone that helped us was seriously amazing. Let me know if you have anymore questions or want to pics. I had a million questions before my wedding so feel free to ask anything! Happy planning! =)

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

We had our wedding on the Allure of the Seas on 24th August past. We had an amazing day. We had 18 guests with us so it wasn't a large enough gathering to justify hiring out a whole restaurant or to have a reception Dazzles. We had our wedding at 2pm. All the flowers were provided and they were simple but elegant (what more do you need). You have to order the button holes for your other family members. After the ceremony we were taken out to central park for our wedding photos, 1 hour of photograpy was provided and you get to select 20 pictures, you can choose to have a further hour at an extra cost, we didnt bother as we had some semi professional photographers among our family. We had the h'orderves,open bar and cake cutting after the wedding ceremony in Dazzles. We had a table booked in Chops Grille at 6.30pm for us and our guests (food was beautiful) and the service excellent. We spent the rest of the evening throughout the different bars on the ship. It was so amazing to have no pressure put on us and just to enjoy our day with our nearest and dearest. It beats a traditional wedding at home. If you are the kind of bride that needs to know every last detail this will not be the wedding for you. If you are the kind of bride that is relaxed and easy going it will be perfect. I hope you have a wonderful wedding.

• 5 months later...
I am getting married while at sea, hopefully on 2/16/2016 on the RCCL Allure. I need suggestions on a few things. We are expecting 25 - 40 friends and family. For those of you who have done this before, would you suggest having some type of reception with either a dj or a band? Is it worth paying a fortune for hors d' oeuvres before or after or would you recommend just going to a lunch or dinner afterwards? Did you like the bouquet you were given?? Did you get flowers for the rest of your wedding party? If so, did you like them? What time of day was your wedding? Did you get the day/ time you had requested?? I'm sure I have more questions, but I think I will stop here for now šŸ˜€

Ā 

Congratulations! How was your wedding experience and what did you decided to move forward with reception wise? I love pics so if you have any to share that would be great.