Imagination or Inspiration?

zodiac1

We haven't sailed with Carnival for many years but need to take a quick getaway and the only dates that work with our schedule is Carnival's 3 night Mexico cruises. The choices are either the Imagination or the Inspiration. I've read reviews of both ships and I realize that these ships are older and without bells and whistles. For those of you who have recently sailed both ships, which one would you choose?

These ships are much more similar than dissimilar although I will say the Lido Dining Room on the Inspiration where the hot buffet, deli, pizza and desserts are served is not as dark as that on Imagination. It's easier to see and select the foods presented there on the Inspiration. The Imagination has this whole Captain Nemo under the sea theme going on in there and trying to see is like looking through the sea. But hey, I've had plenty of fun on both.

Neither one they are old & dark, step up to something newer.

We aren't exactly brimming with choices over here on the left coast.

I loved the imagination, will be on the inspiration soon. They are pretty much interchangeable, go with the one that fits your dates better.

Neither one they are old & dark, step up to something newer.

I agree, we'll never cruise on either ship again. Isn't worth the trouble for us and the experience wasn't anything to talk about. OP, If you like to be around drunks, puke, and obnoxious people then both ships are for you. Save your money and go to Las Vegas.

I agree, we'll never cruise on either ship again. Isn't worth the trouble for us and the experience wasn't anything to talk about. OP, If you like to be around drunks, puke, and obnoxious people then both ships are for you. Save your money and go to Las Vegas.

1. I only find the crazy party crowd on the 3 day cruises, not the 4 day

2. They might be old and smaller, but I love being at sea (I definitely don't cruise to see Ensenada).

3. We used to do Vegas a lot, until we found cruising. Cruising is a better bang for the buck too. I love my 7 day cruises with balconies, but my shorter cruises on older ships are still fun. :D

Done the 3 and 4 day, never had those issues. On the 3 day, yes, it's a bit louder, but honestly, it's a vacation! People are up late, dancing, having fun! Not everyone wants a floating retirement home. Pro tip: on 3 day cruises if you are up before 8 am you'll be all alone wherever you go.

Martini Mom;474566831. I only find the crazy party crowd on the 3 day cruises, not the 4 day

We did the Catalina/Ensenda cruise. We loved the cruise but not what went on on the ship. People were literally passed out down at the little bar in Ensenada where the ship is. Security had to come get one guy who couldn't stand up. They put him in the wheelchair and he fell out on the ship. He then crawled in the elevator and that was the end of him. There were splatters of puke here and there. Grossed us out.

2. They might be old and smaller, but I love being at sea (I definitely don't cruise to see Ensenada).

We do the wine tour every time we go. Free bottles of wine. Ensenada is not my favorite place to go. We're avoiding that port on our Mexican cruise next month.

3. We used to do Vegas a lot, until we found cruising. Cruising is a better bang for the buck too. I love my 7 day cruises with balconies, but my shorter cruises on older ships are still fun.

Definitely cruising is a better deal than Las Vegas. BUT, if I had my choice of Las Vegas or the Imagination or Inspiration, I'd go with Las Vegas for sure.

--

Thanks for all the replies. We need a mini vacation and the 3 day cruise is our only option at this time. We are experienced cruisers and are aware that these short cruises are "party" ships. We'll enjoy people watching and just cruising for a few days. Just booked the Imagination for Sept. 24 so that we can arrive home in time to watch football games!