Illusionarium- seating

Fishymom

What is the difference between banquet and floor?

I assume floor seating you are closer and possibly are chosen as a volunteer?

Banquet seating better vantage point?

Seeing it with kids- so want to make sure floor seating isn't too close

Banquet seating is what Americans would call 'sitting in a booth'.

They are on the outside perimeter of the dining area, albeit, a step up from the floor. The remainder of seating consists of 99% rectangular tables in a semi-circle from front (the stage) to back.

We have been twice. Both times the volunteers were taken from the second row back and were selected by some of the magicians and in the case of a child, parental permission.:)

Prime seating is first row. Banquet more difficult to see I think.

We booked the floor seating and were seated in the very back row of tables in front of the booths, which were for banquet seating. We could see the show perfectly. Our only complaint was that we wished we'd simply gone with the banquet seating, since the booths looked very cozy and comfortable.

We had floor seating with kids....we were seated at the second to last row of tables and none of our (5) kids could see over the 4 tables and lots of people in front of us. Worse was the table behind us - also with kids who couldn't see and talked through the whole show. Horrible experience And depending how old your kids are....it might not be very entertaining. There's a "story" and none of the magic was very impressive or fun. Pretty much loved everything else about the Getaway but the Cirque shows on Epic and Breakaway were so much better!

Having done both the best way to see is floor seating and come early. Floor seating in the back can be obstructed at times (people in front of you).

Banquet/Booth seating I did once to test. Nope no more. While you seat higher up you have a boatload of servers etc running around in front of you.

Floor seating and get there early.

Beginning with the Cirque Dreams on the Epic I think that venue is a design flaw. They would have been better off doing an arena style seating rather than floor seating where the tables are in 90 degree angles to the stage.

Edited by CruiseWithUs64

We did the premium seating when we went a year ago and were highly disappointed - we arrived around 30 min early, expecting that since we had paid more for premium seats, we wouldnt have to come early.

Boy, were we wrong - they give the first row to Haven guests priority FIRST, even before people who pay the premium for the seats. The second row is kind of like a free for all - first come first serve - people sitting next to us on each side did not have to pay for premium seats

I felt ripped off, to say the least

Definitely thought the show was OK, food was mediocre, not good enough that I would ever pay to see it again.

Just my opinion tho. If you are going to go see it, buy premium seats and arrive really early

We had floor seating with kids....we were seated at the second to last row of tables and none of our (5) kids could see over the 4 tables and lots of people in front of us. Worse was the table behind us - also with kids who couldn't see and talked through the whole show. Horrible experience And depending how old your kids are....it might not be very entertaining. There's a "story" and none of the magic was very impressive or fun. Pretty much loved everything else about the Getaway but the Cirque shows on Epic and Breakaway were so much better!

We have been twice in a year, loved it and will, no doubt, do it again.:)

THIS ^^^ so true, I would much prefer a Cirque show, especially if I have to pay for it.

I thought it was amateur magic at best. Did not convince or captivate me at all.

And on top of that, I hate that they have a mediocre fixed menu - I have a nut allergy and their substitutions were ridiculous, I went to O Sheehans afterward to eat and it was far better.