Where can I get my passport stamped in Cozumel?

RecoveryDude

Hi! How can I get my passport stamped in Cozumel? I heard there is not a place at the pier itself, is that true? I also read that it can be done at the downtown post office, can anyone confirm this? It's my buddys first time leaving the country and using his passport and he wants to get a stamp :) Please let me know your experience!

Thanks!

Recovery Dude aka Jeff

Thought this was an interesting question so went looking for the answer myself and here's what I found at tripadvisor concerning passport stamps in Cozumel.

To answer the OP's question, you have to go to the national immigration office on the corner of Av 15 Sur and Calle 5 between the hours of 9am and 1pm.

To correct information, passengers are required to show government-issued photo ID to reboard their ships after a day in Cozumel -- for all cruise itineraries. Most passengers use their passports. Some of the piers require photo ID at the pier entrance and others do not. But at those that do not, ID is checked at the ship's door. Mexican immigration officers always visit the ships at arrival and departure.

Edited by mamkmm2