Carnival shore excursions not available - question

jimbug

Hi all,

170 days until our Liberty Western Caribbean cruise, and I was anxiously awaiting the "180-day" mark to where I could begin to purchase shore excursions online at Carnival.com. A large percentage (almost all) of the shore excursions that they offer for each port are now showing up as available to purchase. My question is, if there is a specific excursion I want that is technically offered in that port, but is not showing as available to buy, am I out of luck for my sailing? Specifically, it is the Aqua Boat Excursion in Grand Cayman. It shows up on the generic Grand Cayman shore ex. page, but not on the page linked to my reservation where I can purchase. Hope that makes sense...

I thought I read somewhere on here that if they weren't showing as available by the 180-day mark, then it wouldn't be offered on my sailing...but I could be imagining that I read that...haha. Any insight? I keep checking every day to see if it is available yet, but no luck so far.

you might have to wait untill it is closer to the time of your cruise too purchase a tour online. try giving carnival a call and see if you can book it now. otherwise you might have to just keep trying untill it will let you book. good luck and have a great time.

I'm only 142 days out from my Carnival cruise and none of the excursions are showing up as available yet. I called Carnival and they said that sometimes they're just delayed. They also said that it's likely that some will show up before others and to just keep checking back. Sounds like this might be the same in your case.

I wouldn't get panicked yet. We are just over 100 days out, and we still only show one trip for Belize. I think it's a matter of getting all the contracts in and all the i's dotted. Earlier the trips for Belize did show and now they don't. But we are in the bunch that got our days switched with Coz. I think also they may be in the process of adding some new tours. Don't worry yet, there's still plenty of time.

Just keep checking carnivals website regularly. We sailed in June and some excursions weren't listed until about a month and a half out (of course the one excursion I wanted to take!). Carnival explained to me that they have to wait for the independent operators to confirm the available tours before they can offer them on line....makes sense. They can get a headcount for some tours earlier than others....... I was waiting for the Canopy Tour in Jamaica, and, for the longest time, only the golf excursion was available.

Don't give up and don't get discouraged. More tours will show up soon.

this could be for any one of the reasons listed below...

1. not all tours are offered in all ports year round

2. a tour operator may be having problems with their equipment

(this happened to us recently with power snorkeling)

3. tour operators haven't posted their schedules that far out

4. Carnival hasn't updated their site yet...with all the hurricane related changes that Carnival has had to make lately, I am sure they are not overly concerned about shore excursions 6 months from now

I will add...I understand your frustration...you wait and wait and wait for the date to roll around, and then you can't book.

• 2 weeks later...

We've booked the ATV ride in Cabo, and in PV we want to do the hiking in the mountains. After the hike we are going to hang out at the Krystal Hotel pool. In Mazatlan we are doing Randi's Happy Horses and a tour with Matz. Frank in the afternoon.

If anyone has done the ATV ride (or does it before I go) could you post about it? I have never been on one of these things before!

Archived