bahia resort mission bay san diego ?

musicmansmom

after doing much research and checking with trip advisor this looks like a really good place to spend the pre-cruise night before my mexican riviera cruise.

please friends if you have stayed here or no of ''' good or bad ''' about it, please let me know. it is in my price range, on its own penninsela and looks really nice from the pix.

i am waiting for any advice on this hotel. thanks alot.

Well, in the pics I've seen, the buildings and furnishings look a lot newer than they really are. We have stayed at Bahia many times while visiting San Diego. We always stay in one of the "cottage" type suites (single-story, separate bedroom and living area, kitchen, and patio)--so we can watch Sea World's fireworks display across the bay from the patio, and enjoy more privacy from other guests. These were built from cinder block/brick type construction and have older plumbing fixtures and tile (circa 1950s), but comfortable and clean. Have never stayed in one of the regular hotel rooms, but is not a new, "glam" place--is older hotel resort, is kept clean, but is not going to take your breath away. Most of the hotels in that very prime bay/beach area have also been around for a long time. Not sure would be first choice if aiming for romantic weekend with spouse, but is great location and nearby amenities for our mid-summer family trips. Bahia has charm, IMO, and we enjoy our stays there...

thanks so much for the '' good and honest opinions'''. it sounds like just what we are looking for. i want something more than just a building with a room for our stay. a little charm and some grounds to wander around in and being close to the bay are our goal. i will make sure i call too get set up there when it comes time to get a room. i am very far in advance right now, but doing lots of research is the ''' fun part ''' for me. :D

thanks again.

I have never stayed at the Bahia (I live in SD) but I've been to weddings and company picnics there. It sounds like your expectations are realistic. It's an older resort on a man made bay. They have some small catamarans, kayaks, etc. for guests. The grounds are very nice. It's about a 20 minute cab ride to the cruise pier.

There's another resort nearby called the Catamaran, which is either owned by the same group or somehow related. I would say that one is one step up from the Bahia. It's also on Mission Bay, but closer to the ocean. Princess also used to have a resort there. I think it's changed hands though.

caa

thanks for the info. we want to stay at a place that has some character to it and not just a building with a room to sleep in. relaxing by the pool surrounded by some greenery with a margarita and being able to see the marina or bay is what we want. the bahia is in our price range and sounds like just what we are looking for. i hope it is as pretty as the pix show it to be on the web site and other hotel sites . i have read that it is, so we should be happy there for the night. :)

Archived