First time cruiser and I'm going solo!

FlyingSoloTonight

Hey all, I'm new to cruising. I'm 25, and excited to see how life aboard these floating cities are! I'm a little anxious being that its my first time and I'm single going solo. I'm going on the August 31st Cruise out of Long Beach on the 4-day Inspiration carnival cruise. I've looked for roll calls online, but unfortunately I haven't found any. I made one on the Carnival forums.

Any tips/advice for a new cruiser are appreciated! I've read the carnival FAQs and believe I know the rules well enough. Now just looking for some good advice!

Thanks!

Edited by FlyingSoloTonight

Hey all, I'm new to cruising. I'm 25, and excited to see how life aboard these floating cities are! I'm a little anxious being that its my first time and I'm single going solo. I'm going on the August 31st Cruise out of Long Beach on the 4-day Inspiration carnival cruise. I've looked for roll calls online, but unfortunately I haven't found any. I made one on the Carnival forums.

Any tips/advice for a new cruiser are appreciated! I've read the carnival FAQs and believe I know the rules well enough. Now just looking for some good advice!

Thanks!

Wow new to cruising and going solo, you are brave! LOL

But really, you are going to love it, it is addicting, if I do say so myself.

If you have any specific questions I will try to answer them.

My friends are either too poor, or can't take time off work. I'm not a huge partier (usually in bed by 10PM on a friday), but I have learned that I get sociable the more drinks I have in me. So I'm sure I'll make friends as I go! Because I plan to unwind and have a good time (and forget work!) Lol!

Just curious if there's any advice ya'll could give in regards to what you'd do differently if it was your first cruise? I plan on booking a shore excursion on Catalina and Ensenada as a way to meet people.

Edited by FlyingSoloTonight

My friends are either too poor, or can't take time off work. I'm not a huge partier (usually in bed by 10PM on a friday), but I have learned that I get sociable the more drinks I have in me. So I'm sure I'll make friends as I go! Because I plan to unwind and have a good time (and forget work!) Lol!

Just curious if there's any advice ya'll could give in regards to what you'd do differently if it was your first cruise? I plan on booking a shore excursion on Catalina and Ensenada as a way to meet people.

Don't drink too much, you don't want to get sick and you would want to remember your cruise with good memories :)

Just in case take some motion sickness aid with you, even if you think you tolerate the sea well.

Hi a few suggestions-if you book early or late fixed dining,you will be put a table with other younger solos. There is a lot to do aboard the ship,pick activities that you might enjoy! Remember at dinner in the dining room you can have 2 or more of an item(like double entree,etc.). Pizza is good. If Inspiration has a Guy's Burgers-go there if you like burgers. Check out the disco at night-lots of young people hang out there! And just have fun!!!

He might be put with other younger solos, but that is not always the case. Another important thing, if you like eating at the time that you are actually hungry, and not be told what time you should eat, then go with the anytime dinning. I love that option as I always feel like eating at different times.

5:30-9:30 I believe is the times for anytime dinning. That way you can eat with a group of people or when you feel like eating on your own its super easy to get a table for one.

Edited by cruiseelady