Easy to identify what’s included on the UBP

hepf

I am not trying to start a ruckus or judge anybody else. Just asking a question. I booked way back when there was no service charge added. I am thinking I will give a buck or two for each drink. Is that appropriate?

I especially like to have a stack of ones on hand for when I'm lounging on a sun deck. I like to keep the drinks coming quickly, without having to get up.

Newby question?? Can you put a dollar amount on your "huge wad" answer please. I want to be sure I bring more then enough but not too much. Don't like carrying a lot of cash money makes me feel like a target this day and age.

Newby question?? Can you put a dollar amount on your "huge wad" answer please. I want to be sure I bring more then enough but not too much. Don't like carrying a lot of cash money makes me feel like a target this day and age.

I have no idea how much you drink, so I can't tell you how much you will need. I can't imagine having to carry so much cash around the ship that you'd feel like a target, unless you plan to have 50 drinks before returning to your cabin to get more cash.

My husband and I will usually give a buck when the server brings us each a drink. $1 for the 2 drinks, every delivery. If only one of us gets a drink, we still give the buck. However, we don't necessarily tip extra every time if we are getting the drinks from the bar ourselves. On the other hand, if we are sitting at the bar for a while enjoying the bartender, listening to music, etc., we might leave a ten or something when we get up to leave as payment for renting the space.

Edited by LrgPizza

Do you know how I can find out if the gratuities were included back when we originally booked? We booked in January under one of the promotions.

When we booked I got a confirmation showing what we paid for the cruise, taxes, and a service charge for the Ubp. I was curious so I went to Ncl website sign in and if you look at the vacation summary it'll show under amenities...the beverage plan is included.