Washington WildFires

MonaMonkey

Good morning. Thanks for the info. I am currently in the town of Chelan in a condo on the lake. It is very smokey here, but no fires directly in the town. Looks to me like everything is to the west on the east side of the Cascades and the worst appears to be to the north. For those who might be traveling from the north to Seattle, be aware of several road closures in the northern area. Check with the Wa State DOT for current info.

If you are heading out for a cruise, have a great time.

Good morning. Thanks for the info. I am currently in the town of Chelan in a condo on the lake. It is very smokey here, but no fires directly in the town. Looks to me like everything is to the west on the east side of the Cascades and the worst appears to be to the north. For those who might be traveling from the north to Seattle, be aware of several road closures in the northern area. Check with the Wa State DOT for current info.

If you are heading out for a cruise, have a great time.

Heading to Lake Chelan tomorrow. We are in safe area with water on 3 sides of the property and a large apple orchard next to us. Across the lake is where the fire is still active and still burning down homes. Hopefully there will be no strong winds ( 30-60 mph) that happened last Friday. The fires will not impact cruisers as they are 100 miles+ from Seattle. The flight path for planes has been altered when the smoke rises to 20,000+ as aircraft coming from the east coast fly right over Lake Chelan.