Anyone had an interconnecting mini suite on the Jade?

HellyDonandkids

Hi,

I have just upgraded myself and my mum to interconnecting mini suites. I was wondering if the balcony can be opened or if it is only an interconnecting door?

Any responses very much appreciated!

Helen

Hi Helen. Usually have connecting balcony or mini suite with my Mum (she's 84). You're not supposed to open the balcony door but we have a small pair of scissors which does the job! Some people say spoon handle works. The steward is not allowed to open it but if you do he probably won't lock it - we've never had that PROB. We have interconnecting mini suites on the Jade in October. What's your cruise? Karen

We had interconnecting balconies, but didn't do it. I'm not sure how you'd do it with a spoon handle, as it looked like an allen wrench was necessary. We decided not to mess with it because we didn't want to break it.

We had interconnecting balconies, but didn't do it. I'm not sure how you'd do it with a spoon handle, as it looked like an allen wrench was necessary. We decided not to mess with it because we didn't want to break it.

I think some people use a spoon handle as it's the right thickness to turn the lock. You're right, it is an Allen lock but provided you have the right thickness "implement" it can be done very easily. There's a lot of info on here about it.

Thank you both! Right consider some nail scissors and a nice tea spoon packed! :D

Yes we are October too, 24 October sailing from Venice to Barcelona. We sailed on the Jade last October half term so we are already looking forward to it. The children loved it. Im a bit concerned about the double sofa bed for the kids but not a lot I can do.

Thank you both! Right consider some nail scissors and a nice tea spoon packed! :D

Yes we are October too, 24 October sailing from Venice to Barcelona. We sailed on the Jade last October half term so we are already looking forward to it. The children loved it. Im a bit concerned about the double sofa bed for the kids but not a lot I can do.

Don't take any spoons, the ones in the dining room work! As for scissors, I will try to take a photo of ours. They small but thick, not nail scissors!

11542 and 11544 so just the other side! Perfect!

How funny!

We live in Spain - me, husband and my Mum. We booked this as Mum and I lived in Malta 50 years ago and we've never been back. We have two nights on the island of Giudecca before so it's a week hol.

Karen