European Cruise Clientele

mikem5

I've never been on a European cruise but we are planning on going on one the summer of 2018 on vistas sister, if they do basically the same as this summer with the vista. I was just wondering if there are a lot of Americans or mostly Europeans and such? And is the primary language English?

I've never been on a European cruise but we are planning on going on one the summer of 2018 on vistas sister, if they do basically the same as this summer with the vista. I was just wondering if there are a lot of Americans or mostly Europeans and such? And is the primary language English?

It depends on the cruise line. Some have more Europeans than others. When Carnival had a ship in Europe the last time there were lots of Russians, as I recall. MSC and Costa attract lots of Italian passengers as well as other Europeans. We've found lots of Brits on Princess, RCCL and Celebrity.

Some of the lines adjust the dining times and dinner is much later. Also, smoking can be a big issue. Be prepared for the announcements to be made in 4 or 5 languages. Heck, they even do that to the announcements on MSC and Costa out of Florida since so many Europeans fly over to sail them to the Caribbean.

Usually there are lots of Americans on Carnival ships and some Brits and then a smattering of other people. English is the main language.

The main difference between a Med cruise and Caribbean cruise is the Med cruise is port intensive where the ship functions more like a floating hotel as almost everyone gets off early in the morning and gets back on around 5 or 6pm after being on tours all day. There is usually only 1 day at sea. Expect to be tired. Go to you Cruise Critic Roll call and set up excursions to share or join excursion with others on your cruise - this the cheapest and best way to tour in Europe. Ship's tours are usually huge and go at the pace of the slowest person - often someone on a walker. You will see and do much more with a small group tour for 6 - 8 people max.

We've just come off the Emerald Princess Captain said there were approximately 700 Americans, 600 Brits, 500 Australians.

I do think when we were on The Breeze & Sunshine they're may have been a tad more Americans than Aussies.