So much for price drops!!!

adoptivemommy

We paid $778 for a 4J on our upcoming Glory cruise on 09/26. Prices have doubled [emoji33]. No OBC for us!!

[ATTACH]359875[/ATTACH]

Our Sunshine cruise in February did the same thing. Fortunately we booked early and received a good price. Oh and congrats on your wedding.

It simply means you purchased your cruise at a good price, just as we did, our balcony cabins have gone up over $300 cabin since we purchased (as I figured they would). Now every cabin class is sold out except for about a dozen interior cabins.

IMHO way too much attention is given to price drops here. I strongly believe that most cruise prices go up as cabins are sold until each class is sold out.

Edited by lizardhowson

It seems cruising prices have gone up this fall instead of the normal hurricane season price drops.

Exactly correct! I've got a "Paradise" cruise booked for the end of September, and had hoped to book another on either side, but the cruise after mine is a "Full Charter", and the one prior to mine has prices that are CLIMBING very rapidly! I've NEVER seen prices like this, at this time of the year. :eek: Guess I'll enjoy my cruise, and be happy that I'm a CCL stock holder! ;)

"SKY"

It seems that cruise companies are gambling on a projected quieter than usual hurricane season due to the effects of El Niño. Also, due to this, people are being less cautious about sailing during the hurricane months. Supply and demand. If they're selling, they'll sell them for more.

We booked our Valor cruising coming up in Oct. last year for $1498, now showing for $2098. I think we got a deal. Looks like the boat is close to been sold out, so I guess not much change of the up-sale fairy calling us either, never mind a price drop.

We are booked on the Victory next month... When I booked it, it was like $613 (cruise fare only) for all three of us, with $50 OBC, then the price dropped to $518, with no OBC so we jumped on that.. Now an interior guarantee for 3 is running around $1,100... but balcony's are only at 1,300... so maybe instead of a price drop I may get a call from the upgrade fairy...

Oh and it was an Interior guarantee, and they put us on the Lido deck... Win, Win, and Win!!!

There are not very many 4J's so price drops for them are rare. We booked 4J's quite a few times and only have got a price drop once.

I wanted lower prices in general to upgrade to a balcony [emoji3]. We had one $100 price drop plus added $50 OBC to the room so I was lucky to even get that [emoji5]️

I have noticed the same thing for my September 19 on the Glory..the prices have skyrocketed. My inside cabin is almost doubled...unusual for September. As another poster said, it probably can be attributed to the relatively quiet Atlantic hurricane season that has been forecasted; more people booking. It does make sense.

I know what you mean, looked the other day and the price was alot more then we booked for in June. I feel we got a great deal. Last year in Sept we booked a last minute Princess cruise for 5 days and got 400$ on board credit and the balconey room was 249 PP. They paid us to go on that cruise.

I wonder if the pause in ship building has helped clear out excess inventory of rooms.... I mean 10 years ago each line seemed to have a new ship every year and now it's more like 1 new ship every 2-4 years...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk