So much for price drops!!!

adoptivemommy

I am sailing on the Magic in September. I originally paid around $900 for the cabin, with $75 obc (maybe $50, don't remember). Price dropped to $738 but no OBC so I jumped on it.

Same cabins now $1058. I'm surprised by the price spike. I was hoping they would have empty cabins so I could upgrade.

either................Received a price that I was very happy with when I booked the Dream over a year ago. Checked often though.

I have an aft extended balcony with 3 of us in a cabin, so I knew our chances of an OBC was slim.

We almost always book early, when we don't get price drops I am usually just thrilled that we got such a great price. It's kind of nice watching the prices and thinking to myself "well, I'm glad I didn't pay that!"

I read on another site about cruising that the cruise industry in general wont be dropping prices like they use to.

Carnival bases of this is that after reviewing the statistics of lost revenue , more and more passengers were waiting longer for booking due to the general knowledge that the prices drops closer to the sail date.

They are now in the process to eliminate that trend that was created.

Don't expect much in price drops. There might be some, but those days are long gone unfortunately.