Junkanoo Beach Club

FLG8TORFAN

Can anyone give me some insight? Husband and I will be in port for the day. I have read that Junkanoo Beach Club is nice. Is this the place wehere there is a $3 entrance fee pp and you can rent chairs and umbrella?

If you have been here I would appreciate your opinions and input.

8 days and counting til we cruise!

Thanks in advance for your replies.

I am not sure what the beach club is.

But I have been there 5x and there is no charge to use the beach. There are huts that sell drinks and food, as well as rent chairs and umbrellas.

Drinks were 3beer/3shots for $10USD......I am not sure about the chairs, but I believe they were $10 each, but came with the drinks as well. That was in Nov. I was there in April, but didn't rent any chairs...just bought some beers.

It's a great little beach, close to the port and cheap......can't go wrong!

Edited by monctonguy

I am not sure what the beach club is.

But I have been there 5x and there is no charge to use the beach. There are huts that sell drinks and food, as well as rent chairs and umbrellas.

Drinks were 3beer/3shots for $10USD......I am not sure about the chairs, but I believe they were $10 each, but came with the drinks as well. That was in Nov. I was there in April, but didn't rent any chairs...just bought some beers.

It's a great little beach, close to the port and cheap......can't go wrong!

I think you are referring to a beach in Nassau. The OP must bea asking about the JBC in Freeport. It is on Taino Beach which is pretty. http://www.junkanoobeachfreeport.com

We got re-routed to Freeport because of the storm over this past weekend. Because we did not find out that we were going to Freeport until the night before, we didn't have access to the internet to do any research. Freeport was a disaster area. Industrial port with no access to anything unless you take a taxi. Since we couldn't do any research, we opted to take a taxi at the port to the "Junkanoo Beach Club" on Taino beach. When we arrived, it was disgusting. I don't know what beach everyone is talking about that is nice because there was seaweed everywhere and this old disgusting pier that you could only walk out a few feet onto because it was falling apart. The "beach club" is an old building that is falling down and looks just awful. The $30 RT fare we paid was a rip off and would never recommend this disgraceful beach. We went back to the ship and stayed on it, it was 10x better than the beach. And that is sad because I'm not even someone that likes to stay on the ships in port.

Hello everyone,

I was thinking of going to the JBC in three weeks. I've read great reviews on tripadvisor but a few negative reviews here on the boards.

Should I rethink my plan and go somewhere else with my friend? Or stay on the ship after a quick trip to the market?

Thanks in advance.

Tanya :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed the free part of Taino Beach. We hung out at Tony Macroni's instead of going to JBC. There is a public restroom that was fine. I think it would be good to see the beach or something else besides just the small port area.

PS. Just realized I already told you this on another thread.

Edited by mawvkysc
Added PS