Cabin safe's -- big enough for a camera bag?

dkmarionaz

If we lock our DSLR up in the safe, it gets broken down in to its parts first. Remove the lens and place the caps on the lens and camera. It easily fits then. It would take up too much room if it were together.

I am not really concerned with staff taking a valuable camera as much as I am some opportunistic guest who walks by a door left open by the steward and picks up the bag and walks away.

Couldn't someone with nefarious intentions just unzip the luggage to remove items?

I hadn't considered the metal frame. Thanks.

Honestly, though, isn't this overkill? We've never had a single issue with belongings in 20 cruises. On the rare occasions that we bring a laptop, like spending a few days in port pre-cruise, we just keep it in the closet so it doesn't take up space. The DSLR and waterproof cameras live in their cases on the couch. Our Kindles and iPods sit on the counter.

Can't unzip if you put a luggage lock on the 2 little zipper tabs. Thats what we always do. I've never had items stolen but we have friends who got wiped out. Camera, purse (with passports, credit cards, and lots of cash), computer etc. We had to loan them money. Thank God we drove to the port and they had a way home. Absolutely do not think it was the cabin steward. We think it was a passer-by. The doors are left open way too much while they are cleaning. I witness it all the time. Their credit card was used in Miami right after the cruise.

Edited by Boozebabe