Early Saver Dining

bee-ess

Can someone confirm Dining rules for Early Saver booking, My understanding is that on Early Saver is that you say which Dining option you would like and you are second choice for that option after the Select customers have been allocated. On Late saver you get no choice at all.

Is that correct - I just tried a dummy booking for 2 cabins on Early Saver and it did give an option to choose Dining option - it just says we will confirm dining once on board ?

Yes, Bee-ess, exactly as you understand it - you get the chance to state a preference, but have to wait until you are on board to confirm it and you get second priority.

Savers don't get the chance to state a preference.

I have just had a holiday on an Early Saver on Cunard and it is the same principle - I asked for a table for 6 on first sitting. I was allocated on board to a table for 6 but on second sitting.

I didn't try to change it as we were quite happy to go where we were put, so I can't tell you if it was possible when on board.

Hi bee-ess - we have booked early saver a few times. We usually travel with friends and therefore get our bookings linked. In the past we requested second sitting, table for 4 and got first sitting but still a table for 4. We were able to change this to second sitting which was our preference at the time. My understanding is that first sitting is the most requested so do not know why we were given first sitting.

You have to join the queue at the MDR on the day of embarkation if you need to change dining but you may not be successful.

On our next cruise in January we have booked a select fare and have asked for freedom dining - never done this before but it gives you the choice of what time you dine.

Hi

Can you all clear up something for me?

When a saver fare is booked.....how do you know if it a "late saver" or "early saver".

Now that you have explained that there are possibilities to have a favoured dining option for an early saver, this might now sway me away from booking Select next time.

Thankyou

Kathy

Hi

Can you all clear up something for me?

When a saver fare is booked.....how do you know if it a "late saver" or "early saver".

Now that you have explained that there are possibilities to have a favoured dining option for an early saver, this might now sway me away from booking Select next time.

Thankyou

Kathy

Early savers are called that if you do an online booking. You pay a deposit, with a final balance to be paid later.

Saver fares usually appear approx 90 days prior to sail date, and you pay the full amount at time of booking. You can make no changes to the booking at all. If you have to cancel you lose the full 100%