Carnival Spirit Vs Legend

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me some of the main differences between the Carnival Spirit and Carnival Legend.

If you have been on both which did you prefer?

And is one better suited to children? Our kids will be 2,5 and 9.

Having sailed on the Spirit twice and the Legend once but will be on the Legend in March 2016, both ships are identical in layout but are different in decor and what they offer as in bars etc.

I prefer the rock style shows on the Legend instead of the 1930's/jazz style shows on the Spirit, Music Manila in club cool (Spirit) was great, better than the band in the red frog pub (Legend).

Food wise very similar except Fat Jimmy's on the Spirit was great and was missed on the Legend.

These are only my opinion and everyone will be different but either one would be a great cruise.

One thing to keep in mind is that The Spirit is going into drydock for refurbishment with some new bars etc going in so if prices were similar I would probably lean towards the Spirit.

When I booked our cruise for March 2016 I would have prefered The Spirit but price and ports/itinerary on the Legend suited us much better.

Kids wise they are the same, kids will have a great time on either.

quote.gif multiquote_off.gif quickreply.gif

I liked them both equally but loved the shows on Legend better.

After dry dock Spirit will have some new additional bars and eateries so it might be nice to try that out too.

Whichever ship you decide to cruise on you will have a blast.

• 4 weeks later...

Did the Legend in Feb 2015 - Pacific Islands and then the Spirit in August 2015 on its way to Singapore for refit.

Legend was preferred, the shows were punchier but Spirit is also now running same - (version 2.0 - canned music) shows post refit so may be just as good now.

The great live music show band from Spirit has been relocated to the Carnival Liberty.

The Legend seemed to have a much happier crew and Brian - the cruise director and Mel - assistant cruise director were more hands on, out and about and energetic - dancing at the theme nights etc.

If you sail on the Spirit - take the time to say hello to the captain. He is a perfect gentleman!

• 2 weeks later...

Feedback from recent clients is they tend to prefer Spirit, especially now after the refurbishment.

New bars and dining options, and the ship has had a makeover.

I've had two not so great separate feedback on Legend - not many activities during the day, pool closed for long durations for cleaning, ship feeling tired.

We were on Legend earlier this year for a few days. I felt it was in desperate need of refurbishment, in terms of both layout and decor, it's tired, ugly and very badly designed. If Spirit has recently been refurbished I would definitely choose it over Legend.