Is long beach any better organized than in 2014?

kdinkus1

Will be leaving on another cruise in January out of Long Beach. My last cruise from this port had a lack of organization, mass confusion, and disorder like I've never seen before. So I'm hoping for those who have cruised in the last few months from LB, have found a change for the better? :confused: Thanks!

We've learnt to arrive when the doors open, around 11:30. By the time we're checked in the mass has already gone thru.

From what we've seen (when passing by at debark) FTTF gets Zone 2 and Suite/Platinum/Diamond gets Zone 1.

Edited by SadieN

I went last year in November and this year in March and it seemed fine to me, although it may be because I arrived at the terminal right before departure time... Blame school schedules. :p

I was just there on August 15th and it was a mess. They didn't start boarding anyone until 1PM and we were told by one employee that all priority (diamond, platinum, suite, and FTTF) passengers were going to board at the same time.

When it came time to begin boarding, people were getting impatient, it was hot, and everyone was squished together at the entrance. They finally allowed only diamond, platinum, and suite guests to enter, so many of us had to find our way through the large groups of FTTF passengers who were waiting in front of the entrance. It wasn't a pleasant boarding experience and by 1PM most just wanted to board and head to the dining room. :D

I went last year in November and this year in March and it seemed fine to me, although it may be because I arrived at the terminal right before departure time... Blame school schedules. :p

I was just there on August 15th and it was a mess. They didn't start boarding anyone until 1PM and we were told by one employee that all priority (diamond, platinum, suite, and FTTF) passengers were going to board at the same time.

When it came time to begin boarding, people were getting impatient, it was hot, and everyone was squished together at the entrance. They finally allowed only diamond, platinum, and suite guests to enter, so many of us had to find our way through the large groups of FTTF passengers who were waiting in front of the entrance. It wasn't a pleasant boarding experience and by 1PM most just wanted to board and head to the dining room. :D

That's what I wondered! I know they could get it right if they tried harder. Thanks...

Edited by kdinkus1