Marriott North Ft. lauderdale

shedar

Hi there , my husband and I and 5 others will be cruising on the CB on Oct 15th... we are staying at the Marriott North the night before.... I was just curious if any of you have stayed there pre-cruise, and what your experience was like.... I havent seen anyone who has stayed there.... if any one has could you also let me know how far of a drive it is to Port Everglades.... any info would be greatly appreciated.... one more thing.... do they have a continental breakfast? thanks again...

I haven't stayed there, but it's about 20 minutes north of Port Everglades in an office/residential area off I-95 & Cypress Creek. It would be a pricey cab ride up from the airport and back down to Port Everglades if you don't have a rental car (or aren't using some sort of Princess transportation).They have a restaurant in the hotel you can get breakfast at.

I've stayed there several times and the hotel is just fine. Yes there's a continental breakfast, only it's served by room service or in the hotel restaurant and you will pay $$$ for it. Sorry, no freebies at Marriott brand.

I assume you will be without a car, but you could ask the hotel shuttle to take you to the Diner at the corner of Cypress Creek and N. Andrews, about 1/2 mile away. For a small gratuity they should be able to do this for you both ways.

Shedar, Before you get as far as the Diner, there is a big shopping center with a multiplex movie theatre. Right on Andrews you will find a great restaurant/sports bar with lots of TV's. It's Champps and it's very very good. Right next to it is a Hooters, and a little further is Sweet Tomatoes, a salad buffet kind of place which I also enjoy. I think there is an Outback too, but I'm not positive. Pay attention as you are being driven to the hotel after you exit I-95 onto Cypress Creek Rd and then make the right turn onto Andrews Ave. All of these places will be to your left. And are walkable if you want the exercise. Have fun.

Archived