Specialty Dining Package - SUSHI Q's

InTheWASide

How does sushi work if you have the SDP? I understand it takes one day of however many days you purchased AND there's an up charge of $7. This is clearly laid out and makes sense.

What/how much do I get from the sushi menu for that amount? With Cagney's I would get an app, soup, salad, steak with sides and dessert. But with sushi everything has a cost so what do I get and/or how much do I get?

I tried calling Norwegian and two different res agents were completely baffled because the website doesn't say, got a supervisor involved and both came back with the answer of "you can get one of the four item combos that is usually $12 but have to pay for anything extra above and beyond that OR you can have $7 worth of whatever on the menu. (So I was basically told that if I get a combo the SDP day that gets taken away is worth $5 if I order a combo or $0 if I order whatever I feel like even though if I order at Cagney's it is worth $29 worth of cover price.)

This makes no sense and I can't imagine is right or even close to it so does anyone know for sure? If it makes a difference I'm going on Norwegian Jewel of it may possibly vary from class of ship to other class of ship.

I appreciate any help anyone can offer [emoji2]

It's my understanding that you pay the $7 upcharge, plus use one of your SDP meals, and then you can eat whatever you want from the menu until you are done. The best thing to do is check out the menu, see what you might order, see if it costs more or less than $7 + 1 day of package, and choose whether to use a package meal or not when dining there. The value of a day on a 3 day SDP is $23.21, 4 day is $21.83, and so on. Oh, and you'll have to pay the 18% gratuity on the $7.

It's my understanding that you pay the $7 upcharge, plus use one of your SDP meals, and then you can eat whatever you want from the menu until you are done. The best thing to do is check out the menu, see what you might order, see if it costs more or less than $7 + 1 day of package, and choose whether to use a package meal or not when dining there. The value of a day on a 3 day SDP is $23.21, 4 day is $21.83, and so on. Oh, and you'll have to pay the 18% gratuity on the $7.

See this sort of thing would make sense to me if it's basically an eat til you drop type deal...

I guess with that said... How IS the sushi on NCL?

See this sort of thing would make sense to me if it's basically an eat til you drop type deal...

I guess with that said... How IS the sushi on NCL?

I enjoy it. Not the best, but better than average. I find it's worth the price. We like to go for lunch on a sea day.