iConcierge

HMANSION LOVER

I am sure someone has asked this question but I'll be damned if I can find it! We are thinking of using iConcierge but I am curious about the "Nominal Per Minute Fee During Cruise". Just how deep are they going to reach into my pocket. How much is the fee and if anyone knows, how much of a tab will a family of four run up sailing for seven days. Taking into consideration VERY LIGHT USE, simple communications only.

iConcierge is only $7.95 per phone that is connected to the app while on the boat. It's a one time charge that allows you to call or text to other passengers on the ship during sailing. If they want to call out to someone outside of the ships walls (relative or friend), the ship will bill I think an additional $ per minute, as well as your cell company will charge as well.

iConcierge is only $7.95 per phone that is connected to the app while on the boat. It's a one time charge that allows you to call or text to other passengers on the ship during sailing. If they want to call out to someone outside of the ships walls (relative or friend), the ship will bill I think an additional $ per minute, as well as your cell company will charge as well.

Very important for the device to be in airplane mode for the app to keep you from using those per minute features.

I haven't decided on the fee yet, but we'll download the app. I loved locking my phone in the safe during my solo cruise. Although this time I'm planning to listen to downloaded books on the phone so we'll see.

Very important for the device to be in airplane mode for the app to keep you from using those per minute features.

As long as WiFi is on (required to use the app) that won't prevent one from using per minute features (calling outside of the ship) in app.

You will NOT be charged by your cell phone company for calling outside the ship. You are calling through the app itself using wifi, and not in any way using your phone's cell service. We did this for the $.79/minute while our phones were in airplane mode, and wifi turned on.

Other than that, there aren't any other nominal per minute fees about which I'm aware. (Other than the $7.95 to activate each device.)

We used the app just to have easy access to the current "status" on our on board account without having to stand in line at the guest services desk, and we also used it a couple of times to book tables in specialty restaurants - it was easy to use the app. For us it was very convenient, and since we didn't use it to call or text, it was free of charge.

Edited by TrumpyNor

Can we add the $7.95 package on our own from the app or do we need to stand in a line for a rep to activate? I'm not sure we'll opt for it. We'll have a teenager with us, but I want him climbing, hooping and sliding and I don't to worry about him losing an iPhone6. :eek:

Can we add the $7.95 package on our own from the app or do we need to stand in a line for a rep to activate?

Yes, the activation can be done through the app, it's quite straight forward process.

Can we add the $7.95 package on our own from the app or do we need to stand in a line for a rep to activate? I'm not sure we'll opt for it. We'll have a teenager with us, but I want him climbing, hooping and sliding and I don't to worry about him losing an iPhone6. :eek:

We activated ours both cruises while sitting in the terminal waiting for our boarding number to be called.

Please note that the "Call other passengers" is misleading. The calls go to the stateroom of the passenger you are calling. Not terribly useful, and you can do that from any white ship's phone if you need to.

The texting does work, passenger phone to passenger phone.

If try to place a call direct to another passenger or to a shore number, you will be routed onto the normal ship cell phone service, with all the regular charges that go with that service.

If try to place a call direct to another passenger or to a shore number, you will be routed onto the normal ship cell phone service, with all the regular charges that go with that service.
That is so completely untrue. We called shore through the app and we were charged $.79/minute, just as advertised. It was flawless.

Reference my post above:

You will NOT be charged by your cell phone company for calling outside the ship. You are calling through the app itself using wifi, and not in any way using your phone's cell service. We did this for the $.79/minute while our phones were in airplane mode, and wifi turned on.
Edited by LrgPizza

Just returned Sunday from being on Breakaway. The I concierge app for the phone device communication DID work well, I had my phone, my son his, and my grandson his, each paid $7.95 but felt the cost was worth it for the week to stay communicated, especially with a teenager that we needed to have meet up with us at a certain time, or let him know where WE were going.

Please note that the "Call other passengers" is misleading. The calls go to the stateroom of the passenger you are calling. Not terribly useful, and you can do that from any white ship's phone if you need to.

The texting does work, passenger phone to passenger phone.

That is incorrect as I've corrected you in another thread too - one can call to other passengers that have iConcierge voice/text activated, not just text them. When one activates voice/text functionality in iConcierge, the device will be just like one of ship's regular phones, it will have a number and can be called to from other iConcierge devices as well as from regular ship phones.

Of course if you try to call another passenger with their real cell phone number, the call will not be free - you need to use the VoIP number that ship's phone system assigned to you when activated the voice/text functionality.