Minimum luggage

SHINEMAN

I am a very lite packer.

For travelling to and from the ship, one pair of jeans and a shirt.

A pair of slacks and a polo shirt for every other day on board.

Underwear and a pair of socks for every day of the cruise.

A light jacket if crusing North, swimming trunks if cruising South.

Deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, electric shaver, and hair brush.

Any medications you are taking.

Tickets, wallet, and my passport.

That's all!

p.s. If I were willing to wash clothes every night, instead of once during the cruise, I could get by with just one pair of slacks and shirt. :)

I am a very lite packer.

For travelling to and from the ship, one pair of jeans and a shirt.

A pair of slacks and a polo shirt for every other day on board.

Underwear and a pair of socks for every day of the cruise.

A light jacket if crusing North, swimming trunks if cruising South.

Deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, electric shaver, and hair brush.

Any medications you are taking.

Tickets, wallet, and my passport.

That's all!

p.s. If I were willing to wash clothes every night, instead of once during the cruise, I could get by with just one pair of slacks and shirt. :)

What, no Duct tape ?

Camera, binos, Swiss army knife, two cases of bottled water, smuggled alcohol, powerstrip, personal lifeboat to ensure your butler stays with you:D

We tend to travel very light as far as clothes are concerned but then there's all the essential extras - cameras, binoculars, laptop for Alaska to download all our digital pictures, travel guides and fictional books (but often find we are too busy doing nothing to even read) etc.

This summer we were away for 3.5 weeks. Our 11 night cruise was at the start of this so we planned to send most of our clothes to be laundered at the end of the cruise in the laundry "special" so that meant we didn't have to take 3.5 weeks worth of clothes. We set ourselves a target of 2 roller bags (2 adults + 1 child) plus a carry on backpack each. If it didn't all go in there then tough. Not having to take formal clothes certainly helped.

I learned a lesson a long time ago about what to pack on a cruise, pack everything you think you might need in a suitcase, then remove half of it and leave it home and fill the other half of your suitecase with as much cash as will fit in it to fill your suite case. :)

We tried, but it didn't work.

As stated, you need clothing everyday, and it also depends on how long your cruise is.

We ended up with one large suitcase for each, plus a carry on for each,

Plus, the camera bag - and a large purse, of course!

I did see one lady getting off of the ship who had only a carry-on; the smaller type suitcase with wheels.

I asked if that was it for the week, and she said yes, that she had

learned how to cut down.

I wanted to ask to see inside her luggage, but that seemed rather tacky.

I guess you could only take a few shirts & pairs of slacks, and hope you don't spill.

Or, as some do, rinse things out in the evening, and hope they are dry

by morning.

But, that would sort of make my vacation a little less enjoyable - seeing

wet clothing hanging about in the cabin would remind me of the laundry room!

Packing light would ruin a lot of aspects of the cruise preparation for me. I wouldn't have to shop before for that perfect outfit....which means cancelling a lunch date with my daughters....and that just would not go over well. I wouldn't have to take the time to co-ordinate each outfit. It would absolutely ruin the decision making process. I wouldn't have to worry about which and how many pair of shoes to bring to say nothing of the belts and purses that go along with the shoes. This process takes a great deal of time and thought....so what would occupy all that extra time? I would go absolutley crazy looking for things to do to pass that pre-cruise time. So you see....packing light means a lot more than "packing light"!

Happy cruising!

For all travel, cruising or land vacations, I pack pretty much whatever I think I'll need (a carry on for 8-10 days or less; a big suitcase and one carry on for longer/dressier trips) and then a few days before returning home I ship (Post Office of UPS, both easily found in any city) a box containing, laundry, gifts, finished books and whatever I won't use during the remaining days home. I find getting my luggage to wherever I'm going not a big problem, it is the bringing it home! Plus, this gives me an extra day home before I have to deal with the laundry! ;)

We tried, but it didn't work.

As stated, you need clothing everyday, and it also depends on how long your cruise is.

We ended up with one large suitcase for each, plus a carry on for each,

Plus, the camera bag - and a large purse, of course!

I did see one lady getting off of the ship who had only a carry-on; the smaller type suitcase with wheels.

I asked if that was it for the week, and she said yes, that she had

learned how to cut down.

I wanted to ask to see inside her luggage, but that seemed rather tacky.

I guess you could only take a few shirts & pairs of slacks, and hope you don't spill.

Or, as some do, rinse things out in the evening, and hope they are dry

by morning.

But, that would sort of make my vacation a little less enjoyable - seeing

wet clothing hanging about in the cabin would remind me of the laundry room!

DITTO

I refuse to:

do laundry, iron or cook on vacation!

vacation: A period of time devoted to pleasure, rest, or relaxation

I'd pack 4 pieces of luggage before I'd do laundry on vacation;)

lets see pack lite?? really- can this be done? i have tried many times. but always end up with one suitcase, one garment bag, and a carryon. no purse- hate those things. an outfit for everyday, dinner attire, shoes, bathroom stuff, clothes to go home in. i find i really wear everything. except for the extra outfit if anything happens. i wish i could only pack one bag :(

Archived