Switching passengers onboard

angel24_ga

Ok, I am going to try and explain this the best I can...

3 cabins booked:

Cabin 1 = 3 people (2 ad/1kid)

Cabin 2 = 3 people (3 ad)

Cabin 3 = 4 people (2ad/2kids)

I need to move 1 passenger from cabin 2 to cabin 3 once onboard. We placed this person incabin 2 because that family couldn't do a 5 person room on the ship. Has anyone ever tried this before?

They are ok with only having 4 beds b/c the kids sleep together anyway.

My issue is the cheers program. Cabin 2 now wants to purchase cheers but can't with guest 3 in the cabin so can we move that guest into cabin 3 while on board?

HOpe that makes sense...

I don't have any real experience with this, but I would think it would make the most sense to swap a kid from Cabin 3 to Cabin 2, and then Cabin 2 can buy cheers. Idk if you can even do that, that's just what my line of thinking would be to do.

I don't have any real experience with this, but I would think it would make the most sense to swap a kid from Cabin 3 to Cabin 2, and then Cabin 2 can buy cheers. Idk if you can even do that, that's just what my line of thinking would be to do.

i guess it would be helpful to clarify that we dont know the family in cabin 3. We work together and she asked for help to get her son on the cruise (he originally couldn't go). I agreed to add him to our cabin to help her out for booking purposes only. He will not be staying in our cabin.

i guess it would be helpful to clarify that we dont know the family in cabin 3. We work together and she asked for help to get her son on the cruise (he originally couldn't go). I agreed to add him to our cabin to help her out for booking purposes only. He will not be staying in our cabin.

If cabin 3 is not a room for 5 people then you can't move anyone once on board. There are occupancy restrictions. You can get that person a room key for room 3 and they can sleep there. Guest Services will not move anyone. It has to be done beforehand by your PVP or TA depending who you booked with.

If you want to get cheers for room 2, then do as the other poster stated BEFORE you sail. Put the 3rd adult into the 3rd room and "move" a kid to room 2. This way only the 2 adults left in room can buy the cheers since the 3rd person is under 21.

Once on board, no one pays attention who sleeps where.

Edited by girlscruise2011

Ok, I am going to try and explain this the best I can...

3 cabins booked:

Cabin 2 = 3 people (3 ad)

Cabin 3 = 4 people (2ad/2kids)

I need to move 1 passenger from cabin 2 to cabin 3 once onboard. We placed this person incabin 2 because that family couldn't do a 5 person room on the ship. Has anyone ever tried this before?

They are ok with only having 4 beds b/c the kids sleep together anyway.

My issue is the cheers program. Cabin 2 now wants to purchase cheers but can't with guest 3 in the cabin so can we move that guest into cabin 3 while on board?

HOpe that makes sense...

First thing... you are taking a huge chance IF Guest Services won't allow the adult from Cabin 2 to 3 because of it being a 4 passenger cabin... They might not give that adult a room key. Then IF they do, you have to worry that the Room Steward will question it or have something to say as he/she might get in trouble having 5 passengers in a 4 passenger cabin...

Unless they can get a 5 passenger cabin, this is a tough call and really no good answer until you step on the ship and see what happens... Some will not allow it, some probably will... Good Luck... cabin # 2 might have unwanted company...

Now, if you keep the whole thing hush hush and let the adult in cabin 2 move into cabin # 3 without telling anyone anything, that adult would have to take a sign n sail card from one of the kids to use all week to gain access to the cabin BUT that adult would also have to purchase the CHEERS package as legally they are still registered in cabin 2..

Yup, this one is confusing... Don't know when your cruise is but please come back and let us know the outcome.. Good Luck

The signature says Breeze 2015 so they are sailing next month.

You need to do the shuffle before sailing to allow cabin 2 adults to purchase the Cheers program. Take a kiddo out of room 3 and put them in room 2. Have everyone set up their own sail and sign account and just get a room key to allow access. If you are not comfortable with the everyone having a key to the others rooms then there really isn't much you can do.

Room steward doesn't care who sleeps where. Last cruise grandson was booked with my mom but slept with his parents and sister across the hall in a three person room. The steward even made the couch up as a bed for the little sister.

I agree with the others. If you make the cabin configurations:

Cabin 2 = 3 people (2 ad/1kid)

Cabin 3 = 4 people (3 ad/1kid)

then cabin 2 should be able to purchase cheers and (more importantly, imo) an adult that you don't know doesn't have a key to your cabin. I would not be comfortable with that at all.