Hurricane/ Tropical storm tips

If it is a tropical storm, we sailed through one last summer. When the wind is really bad the shut down the outer decks. This usually makes the crowds inside bigger. Take a deck of cards, or a good book, and find a place to settle in for a while. Carnival is great at adding things to do to keep people occupied during this time. I don't get seasick and the storm didn't affect me.

Depending on your itinerary you might be going to different ports depending on which way the storm goes. The captain will do everything he/she can to avoid it. This happened to us last October on the Conquest. Was scheduled for eastern, left port 2 hours late and went to western. Some people actually go off before sailaway.

Remember to take the sea sickness pills before you sail, they need time to work, don't wait until the waters get rough. Try to just relax and enjoy the ride, you'll sleep like a baby in a cradle.

be prepared for an itinerary change. We missed 2 ports and they were substituted with others and did Grand Turk later than originally planned. The worse part was we hadn't done any research on the new ports. We ended up booking excursions with CCL at the new ports. It was a great time anyway.

The Captain isn't going to put his multi-million $$ ship or its passengers in jeopardy. He will do his best to make is a smooth trip.

Bonine pills are very good, and does not cause drowsiness. I take mine the first night before the cruise, and each night after that.

Natural Ginger Pills are excellent for motion sickness. They worked great for me before I found out I could not take them because I am on Coumadin blood thinners. * If anyone is on prescription blood thinners, do NOT take the ginger pills. Ginger is a natural blood thinner, and will add extra thinning to make your blood too thin. That is why I had to go back to Bonine.

My husband never does, the one time I did, first cruise) he laughed and ate all the meals that were delivered to the table after everyone else got sick and left.

.. :D Funny Above!

A good tip for the ladies is to NOT wear heels! ;)

LuLu

I swear by Bonine. Take one about two hours before sailing and then take one each day at about the same time, whether you need to or not. You shouldn't have any problem. I have cruised through several storms. The fog, like a white-out is what bothers me the most. That is scary.

Edited by Emilycat