Corfu Town?

It's not far at all - you could walk it in 30 - 40 minutes if you were so inclined but both times I've been there have been buses running from the port to the town, for something like 1.5 euro each way.

Once you've gone through the port building you start walking across the car park to the port gates, and there is a bus stop about half way across where the shuttles to town stop. Some seem to go to the Liston, some to the old town, I never worked out the difference but if you pick up a map onboard when you check in you'll be fine.

It's not far at all - you could walk it in 30 - 40 minutes if you were so inclined but both times I've been there have been buses running from the port to the town, for something like 1.5 euro each way.

Once you've gone through the port building you start walking across the car park to the port gates, and there is a bus stop about half way across where the shuttles to town stop. Some seem to go to the Liston, some to the old town, I never worked out the difference but if you pick up a map onboard when you check in you'll be fine.

Thank you so much for info [emoji106]🏻

The buses from the port to the old town are #16 and 17

The old town is lovely, don't judge Corfu from the newer bit of the town you see on the way from the airport (scruffy!) the old town is lovely :)

Thanks Linda [emoji3] your valued information is always welcome [emoji106]🏻

I enjoyed the little tourist train here, which you can catch just up from the "cricket pitch" across from the fort.

It takes you out into the wider town, past Prince Philip's birthplace, a few small archaeological sites and churches, and I think you get a bit of a commentary on the history of the town too. You probably see a few things that wouldn't be so easy to walk to.

I agree its also quite a nice old town to wander around as well.

Hi pension cruiser,

We walked through the main street which is flat and stopped for a drink in a nice little square, then we passed the cricket pitch

2u5cfgp.jpg

Then we crossed the road past a statue and through a small park

6z51sh.jpg

We crossed the bridge into the fort

2quqi6d.jpg

The main bit is flat and in front of you is St George's Chapel

34etd13.jpg

The cafe is up about 20 steps on the left of the last picture.

Have just found an old Thomson explore ashore map & I can see exactly the route you describe. One question does the bus drop you off at the town hall or is it at the entrance to the old town?☺
I think it is the entrance to the old town. It is a sort of roundabout and the bus goes round it to go back to the ship IIRC.

The bus from the ship drops you off at the Old Town entrance.

As I've mentioned before on this site if you want to go further afield from Corfu town itself you can get an all day bus pass for 5 euros each. We went to the Achilleon Palace, 9kms from Corfu itself and had a really good tour around there.

Recommended if you're inclined and a lot cheaper to DIY rather than pay for the excursion. The bus sign posts were pretty good to be fair and timekeeping was excellent.