Preparing for day @ Boatyard?

MOMofONE

Well I asked my 12 year old to look thru the port websites I bookmarked and she begged to go to the Boatyard when we are docked in Barbados!

I typically avoid places that have mixed reviews but since this is the 1st time she wanted an active role in our port choices, this is where we'll end up.

I'm sure it'll be a far cry from the secluded beaches of Hawaii we enjoyed but we plan to have fun!

Any suggestions that could hedge our bet for a good day?

- What can you use the $5 worth of tokens for? Food or drink? Activites?

- What are drink prices (for pina colada or margarita)?

- Do they serve non-alcoholic smoothies?

- Is there a best location on the beach to head to?

- What other facilities are there (changing room/shower, gift shop, arcade etc)?

I know we have to guard our receipt with our life and politely but firmly say NO to all of the raoming vendors. Any other advice?

MOMofONE .... It's a "full service" bar so there's no problem getting Virgin drinks. The $5.00 tokens can only be used for drinks/food at the bar. Beer was $2.00 and mixed drinks began at about $6.95. Yes, there's a changing room and a gift shop.

We have a review someplace on this Bardados Board that you might find helpful (scroll) ....

(or just Click Here) Review: The Boatyard ~OnOurOwn~

Hope this helps a bit! Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Thank you OCruisers - I think it was your original post that led me to find & bookmark a website about the boatyard which my daughter eventually found.

Are the chairs and umbrellas already set up in designated spots? If not, since this is a big beach, is there any advantageous spot to be in (away from little kids, to avoid vendors, or nearest the bar?) :)

Archived