Bought alcohol from gift shop and some missing

jamm156

Is there someone that can help me? We just returned from a cruise out of South Carolina.(we live in NJ) We bought six bottles of liquor from the onboard shop. The morning we we returned we picked them up and we just opened the box and there are 2 bottles missing.:( The morning was chaotic and I know we should've checked before we left but we assumed they were all there. Is there a way we could get the 2 bottles shipped to us? I called customer service and they are closed but thought someone would have had similar experience. Thanks for your help.

Is there someone that can help me? We just returned from a cruise out of South Carolina.(we live in NJ) We bought six bottles of liquor from the onboard shop. The morning we we returned we picked them up and we just opened the box and there are 2 bottles missing.:( The morning was chaotic and I know we should've checked before we left but we assumed they were all there. Is there a way we could get the 2 bottles shipped to us? I called customer service and they are closed but thought someone would have had similar experience. Thanks for your help.

Try cclsupport@carnival.com. They may be able to help.

I gotta ask.

How did you get your liquor on the ship?? Was it delivered outside your cabin door or did you go to pick it up??

Cause honestly, I would have checked to make sure it was all there before I got off the ship. There is NO way to prove you didn't get it now..

I gotta ask.

How did you get your liquor on the ship?? Was it delivered outside your cabin door or did you go to pick it up??

Cause honestly, I would have checked to make sure it was all there before I got off the ship. There is NO way to prove you didn't get it now..

I'll explain...We purchased the liquor onboard. You give it to the cashier and they box it up. Then you retrieve the morning you disembark, where it is boxed up and taped for you. They no longer deliver it the night before.

Yes, as I said in my initial post, I should have checked to be sure it was all there. It was chaotic leaving and we grabbed the box and left. Yes, it's our fault. I'm in no way blaming Carnival. There might be a way of proving that we DIDN'T receive it if the bottles were boxed up and waiting but weren't handed over. Our stateroom was written on our box and our name. So it is a little sliver of hope that I would like to find out for sure. But Thanks!

Can the boxes hold 6 liters of liquor? I've only seen ones that can hold 2 or 4.

Other issues--- might cost more to ship the liquor than it's worth. Especially after wrapping etc. Also, where do you live? Some places have restrictions on alcohol delivery.

Edited by SadieN

I think an email requesting a refund is your only hope. Shipping 2 bottles, if even allowed, is going to cost more than they're worth. If they found them leftover after everyone disembarked, they should have made note of who they belonged to. Hmmm, unless your bottles stocked the crew's bar the following week.

I think an email requesting a refund is your only hope. Shipping 2 bottles, if even allowed, is going to cost more than they're worth. If they found them leftover after everyone disembarked, they should have made note of who they belonged to. Hmmm, unless your bottles stocked the crew's bar the following week.

That's exactly my thoughts....the crew is having a good time on me...lol...i will be calling on my lunch break. Thanks for your help.

We have had the problems the last TWO cruises, not with missing bottles but rather with getting the wrong ones (purchased flavored vodka, received plain). The first time the problem was with a land based shop, the second was with the onboard shops. After the second time we will not leave the ship without checking. Problem now is, with them delivering the liquor on debark morning, if there is a mistake they won't be able to trade out bottles as the shop won't be open.

Definitely contact customer service, they are great to deal with, it just may take a bit of time.

Edited by sunkey1

I agree that this post is a perfect example of hindsight being 20/20, but honestly it can't hurt to call and explain that you were in a hurry, didn't take the time to check, just see what they say. You really have nothing to lose!

Thank you all for your suggestions. Customer service put me in touch with Starboard and I have submitted my documents that they requested (receipt, cabin statement) Now I just have to wait and see if they approve it for a refund. Sounds hopeful. Thanks again and be sure to check your liquor...lol I learned my lesson!;)