More Cruises Out Of NYC/NJ

SanFranBayCruiser

Which - if any - cruise line(s) would you like to see in NYC offering year sailings?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which - if any - cruise line(s) would you like to see in NYC offering year sailings?

• Don't Care/Not Interested
    • Carnival
    • Cunard
    • Holland America
    • Princess
    • Royal Caribbean
    • Other

Someone just posted a thread on the Celebrity board about how they wish more cruises would leave out of San Francisco, and I have to agree, I'd love it. I was born, raised, and educated in Manhattan but, live in CA now. My husband and I return to NY often to visit my family and, we're all addicted to cruising. None of us are fans of NCL and would love to see Princess or Celebrity or Carnival give NCL a run for their money and offer year round cruises instead of just seasonal. Obliviously, it's worth the effort since NCL is moving a second ship to NYC for year round cruising.

So, let's hear from you. Would anyone else like to see other cruise lines in NYC/NJ for year round cruising? If so, please vote and maybe some of the "powers that be" will know that we'd be willing to fill their ships too, not just NCL ships!

I, too, am orginally from NYC, and now live in the Bay Area and wish more would leave from San Francisco.

About 16 years ago, I sailed on the QE2 out of NY in January. I can't remember if it was 10 or 12 days, but the first port was to be Bermuda...and due to bad weather...we sailed right on by it. The thing I didn't like about leaving from NY in January was that it was COLD! Like I said, it was a 10 or 12 day cruise, so I packed enough clothes for a month (LOL), but I had to pack summer & winter stuff.

I live in the suburbs of Manhattan and for the last 8 years have cruised out of Miami.............My kids want to cruise out of NY and so do I but I always found it cheaper to fly and cruise out of Florida. Lately I have been doing a lot of research online and finally came upon an itinerary out of NY at a decent price. I am a Carnival Diehard but I do not like the Legend itinerary.....I am sick of San Juan...never liked it sooooooooooooo I am going to jump ship..........Norwegian Spirit leaves out of NY to St. Thomas....Tortola and Samana...........I am just nercous about the "freestyle"

I would not want to cruise out of NY in the winter no way.....would just like to see Carnival come up with a different itinerary.

I would love to see Carnival cruise out of New York all year round. I would also hope that they would include different ports of call. I only sail out of a different port than NY when they offer a special deal including airfare...just call me cheap.:D

Archived