More Cruises Out Of NYC/NJ

Which - if any - cruise line(s) would you like to see in NYC offering year sailings?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which - if any - cruise line(s) would you like to see in NYC offering year sailings?

• Don't Care/Not Interested
    • Carnival
    • Cunard
    • Holland America
    • Princess
    • Royal Caribbean
    • Other

Someone just posted a thread on the Celebrity board about how they wish more cruises would leave out of San Francisco, and I have to agree, I'd love it. I was born, raised, and educated in Manhattan but, live in CA now. My husband and I return to NY often to visit my family and, we're all addicted to cruising. None of us are fans of NCL and would love to see Princess or Celebrity or Carnival give NCL a run for their money and offer year round cruises instead of just seasonal. Obliviously, it's worth the effort since NCL is moving a second ship to NYC for year round cruising.

So, let's hear from you. Would anyone else like to see other cruise lines in NYC/NJ for year round cruising? If so, please vote and maybe some of the "powers that be" will know that we'd be willing to fill their ships too, not just NCL ships!

Competition is great for cruisers. We cruised Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Norwegian last year. Our favorite cruise ever was on the NCL Dawn last December from NY to the southern caribbean. We loved freestyle dining and all the restaurant choices onboard. There was even a movie theater, which was very popular. In one week, we will be cruising from Boston to the Caribbean- Bermuda on RCCL Jewel of the Seas.

In February we are sailing Carnival Triumph out of Miami, but we really can't wait to spend Thanksgiving 2006 on NCL's Spirit from NY to the southern caribbean for 11 nights!!! Wake up RCCL and Carnival--it's time for year round caribbean cruising out of NY! It is so much fun during the holiday season to be in NY. I enjoyed leaving the city and all the Xmas decorations with brisk temps and awaking in the gulf stream the next morning. Parking at the NCL terminal was fantastic because the city is right in front of the ship. Best of all, you are on vacation from the moment you get onboard. I loved not flying and staying in a hotel. The money we saved on airfare and hotels we could spend on a ten day cruise instead of seven. We started driving from home at 7:30am and were at the NCL Dawn at 11:30am. It was great!

Mary

Plymouth, MA

Archived