Do you snuba?

stuNYC

I do not scuba dive or snorkel, but have gone helmet diving, been on the Nautilus and even a a 2 peron bubble sub in Caymans. Can anyone who has gone on snuba excursion tell me whether what it like.

Thanks in advance

I went on a snuba excursion in Key West. I do not scuba dive either, but enjoy snorkeling. Snuba is the step between snorkeling and scuba diving. You are fitted with weights, fins, and a scuba mask which is connected to an air hose. The hose is connected to a tank that is floating, usually on a raft. Once you learn the breathing techniques, you can go underwater about 20-25 feet, depending on the length of the hose. The scariest part about all of it was signing all the waivers!:eek: But I felt completely safe and I truly enjoyed the experience. :D

We've been snuba diving twice, once in the USVA and once in Hawaii. We loved it both times.

Once you get the hang of the breathing it's very easy--much better than snorkeling, if you have a good guide/leader. It seems very safe to me--you are only about 30 feet down at the most, so it's not like scuba diving (which I only did in high school a hundred years ago).

My teenage kids loved it. We got lots of pictures, saw lots of great fish.

We'll go again, and recommend it highly.

Archived