Port arrival times

noddingheadgirl

We are sailing on the Getaway Oct 31st and had to pick a port arrival time. For those who have sailed already (not in a suite & without priority check in) & had to pick it, how does ncl organize the check in? Do you find that you board close to that arrival time or is it mass chaos?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

From what I have heard from other travelers and my TA they don't start boarding until around 11:30 or so. But early arrival time should give you an early boarding group I would think. We sail October 17th

On all ships the boarding usually starts between 11am and noon so any arrival time before that almost always guarantees some waiting in the waiting area free the check-in.

The port arrival time is only an attempt to crowd control, it is not enforced in any way - arrive anytime you like. We usually aim to arrive to the port between 10am and 11am to be in the first boarding groups and to get to MDR for lunch when it opens at noon.

Edited by Demonyte