"Tru Bahamian Food Tours" Recreation?

Galaxy3

After doing a bunch of research on what to do in Nassau I discovered the Tru Bahamian Food Tour. My girlfriend and I both fell in love with the description/reviews and went to book it. To our disappointment we discovered that they are closed on Sunday and that's the day we will be there.

Although I would have loved to have gotten the full professional tour, I would be satisfied with a list of the restaurants and eateries that are included in the tour so that we can attempt to find the spots ourselves.

Has anybody taken this tour? If so do you remember any of the stops on it and what you ate?

Edited by Galaxy3

After doing a bunch of research on what to do in Nassau I discovered the Tru Bahamian Food Tour. My girlfriend and I both fell in love with the description/reviews and went to book it. To our disappointment we discovered that they are closed on Sunday and that's the day we will be there.

Although I would have loved to have gotten the full professional tour, I would be satisfied with a list of the restaurants and eateries that are included in the tour so that we can attempt to find the spots ourselves.

Has anybody taken this tour? If so do you remember any of the stops on it and what you ate?

Unfortunately, the main eateries (Van Bruegels and Bahamian Cooking) are both closed on Sunday.

Head to the Fish Fry area for authentic foods. (there are plenty of great venues to try). Order and Share some cracked conch, conch fritters, sky juice, quava duff ... and add some mac and cheese.

Then you'll have a read bahamian treat. Tour includes a greek salad, and a free taste of rum cake, which you can get at the rum cake store downtown near the dock on frederick st. Actually these are from Cayman Island, Bahamian rum cakes are made by Bacardi and available in most liquor stores or souvenier shops as well as the bacardi store. Don't know why they would give you this brand.

The only thing missing would be van bruegels conch chowder with sherry,(european version) which I'm not fond of, Some of the spots at the fish fry should have REAL Bahamian conch chowder.

Edited by scubagirrl

Head to the Fish Fry area for authentic foods. (there are plenty of great venues to try). Order and Share some cracked conch, conch fritters, sky juice, quava duff ... and add some mac and cheese.

Then you'll have a real bahamian treat. Tour includes a greek salad, and a free taste of rum cake, which you can get at the rum cake store downtown near the dock on frederick st.

Thank you, this is just what I was looking for. I'll definitely be checking out the Fish Fry area (I assume it's not gonna be hard to find) and the rum cake store downtown!

If you don't want to stick to the Tour menu, try some real native dishes,like smuddered pork chops, Grilled grouper (steamed in foil with veggies), dumpling soup, or even oxtail. Red snapper is the best..

mmmm red snapper. I will certainly be checking this stuff out too. Thanks for the tips!

mmmm red snapper. I will certainly be checking this stuff out too. Thanks for the tips!

Just wanted to add. Bring Cash. Although some of these venues can take credit cards, most don't. Those that do usually have trouble with their machines (phone lines and internet) so end up needing cash anyway.