Looking for advice

WandaKruze

I'm totally new to cruising and am trying to decide which cruise line to book our cruise with. I don't want the TA BS ... I want the straight info from someone who's been there. We may never take another cruise, so I don't mind paying. I don't like a lot of the fru fru formal stuff. Is this the best line for me?

Most likely NO. Cunard does not have ships which fit the mold of a mass market cruise ship. That is, fun and games around a large midships pool and pool area.

Most TA's will give you the straight answers. Most people fall in love with cruising and so the TA will want your repeat business. But you need to communicate your ages, what types of activities you enjoy, how active you are, and whether you are looking for sandy beaches, or just relaxing on deck, or what combination thereof. And what your budget is.

If you give us that information you will get lots of help.

It is difficult to advise someone we know well as to whether they will enjoy a cruise / cruise line / paticular ship. A stranger - impossible.

But certainly if you do not like the "fru fru formal stuff" you are unlikely to enjoy Cunard.

Fortunatly there should be a criuse for most tastes. Brows some of the other boards. I am sure you will find one more suitable for you there.

David.

Yes, Wanda, I think Linerguy gave it to you straight. Find a good TA and they'll give you it straight ...no BS. Calliope's Rule of Thumb is, you can't BS a BS'er!

My feelings are you would be more happy on an NCL ship and its brand of "Free Style Cruising". I'd even think about one of their American flagged ships around Hawaii; you can't get much more laid back than that!

Archived