Cloud 9 spa room on Breeze

kc13

So we just rebooked our cruise for sept 20th on Carnival Breeze. Spent some more money and went with a Cloud 9 Spa room on the 11th floor. Does anyone have any experience with this? Worth it? What did it come with? We're 11217. Also we have never been this high up or this far forward on a Carnival ship. Any input would be great! :)

Higher up & further forward feels more motion, so be prepared for a little more motion than midship & lower rooms.

I had a Cloud 9 Spa interior room on Magic, which is set up almost exactly like Breeze's. Being booked in a Cloud 9 Spa room, the 1st 2 adults in the room get free access to the Cloud 9 Spa, which are up on the Sun deck, 2 decks above your room. One of the features that you have access to is the Thalassotherapy pool, which is basically a fancy hot tub. Right next to it are 4 rooms with strange names, which are like fancy saunas. Each room has different scents & temperatures. The only people allowed use of these rooms and the T-pool are people booked in Cloud 9 Spa rooms or people from other rooms that have purchased passes (which are limited). So it's rare for them to get crowded. For access to these things, it was well worth the total of $100 extra, compared to our usual category 1A room. You can see some pics of these features in my Magic review. The link is in my signature.

There are some other more insignificant things that come with a Cloud 9 Spa room: different decor, different color towels, enormously gigantic slippers, ultra-tiny samples of hygiene products, & 2 classes (limited to certain ones & certain times).

Edited by k2excursion

I was in room 11243 . It was great- near elevators but couldn't hear weight room. Balcony is covered. I like the private elevator to spa. For me, I enjoyed the little things, the color of room, slippers, cloud 9 robe, and samples of elemis. You also get a scrub of your choice- one per room. I would get another in a minute.

• 5 months later...

We have a cloud 9 room booked for our upcoming breeze cruise. Rm 12023. Same exact cabin as last cruise. Great, quiet location. We have kids and the waterworks is right out the end of the hall on deck 12. Really convenient. Serenity area is right above which makes an easy trip to the bar... Can also use the showers in the spa if someone else is using the one in the cabin. Great area to be in. Enjoy!!!! Bill

We did Spa room on Breeze last summer. Yes, the robes were nice, but that doesn't make it worth the extra cost. The people in the Spa were pushy. I told the acupuncture person several times NO, but he would just keep pushing that he would make all my aches go away, to the point that it was uncomfortable. The hot stone beds - several didn't work. The shower didn't work. The woman working the desk changed shifts but one person to another didn't tell them where they put my "free" sample, so I ended up with something I didn't want. I won't spend the extra money to do that again.

Have fun. Breeze was a beautiful ship.

• 2 weeks later...
We have a cloud 9 room booked for our upcoming breeze cruise. Rm 12023. Same exact cabin as last cruise. Great, quiet location. We have kids and the waterworks is right out the end of the hall on deck 12. Really convenient. Serenity area is right above which makes an easy trip to the bar... Can also use the showers in the spa if someone else is using the one in the cabin. Great area to be in. Enjoy!!!! Bill

We have 12016 for November and I'm very glad to hear good things about those cabins. This is a HUGE upgrade for us from a plain ol' ocean view room on two past cruises. We are super excited. Thanks for the input!

Just got off the Breeze on Saturday and was in cabin 11229. Loved the bathrobe, thought the Elemis toiletries were "meh". The location was great, close to a "secret deck" and the spa and serenity area.

The best part of a spa cabin though is full use of the steam and sauna room (there are 4 rooms with various heat/humidity, some are aromatherapy, all are amazingly relaxing) and use of the Thalassotherapy pool. Every afternoon, we'd head up to the spa for a steam and soak, then shower and dress for dinner. It was sooo nice. You'll love it!

Wife and I also stayed in room 11229 last year. Loved it because it was a balcony. Loved the robes and the access to the different steam rooms and the direct access. I could cruise without it next time. Wife said she really liked it but i think i enjoyed the balcony more then the spa use.

The room was quiet. We did have friends staying on an inside room and they could hear the dumbbells fall in the mornings.

thank

We were on the Breeze in January. We had an inside room 11223. We didn't pay much more than a regular inside room (like $100 more total for the whole family).

I felt it was worth it for location alone. Besides dinner we spend most of our days in the pool area. Being on the same level was worth it. So much less walking for our kids. Close to food, kids club, water slides, etc.

It was also a very quiet area. Not many cabins back there so not a lot of food traffic. So that was nice too.

The spa area was nice. I liked the thallasotherapy pool and the steam rooms. The heated lounger area gets busy on sea days during the day. I usually found one in the evening.

The spa ladies weren't too pushy after the first day. I didn't book anything.

The cool down room is nice as well, a great place to relax and read. DW was pregnant in June and she could not use the T pool or the hotter rooms but we spent a lot of time in the spa. It was great to get away from the crowds.

• 5 months later...

As far as the balcony goes, I'm terribly afraid of heights. (I know deck 12 balcony, good thinking huh?) My husband has always wanted a balcony room and since this is sort of a belated 15 anniversary trip, I went for it. How "secure" feeling is the balcony? Do you feel like you are up there (all apologies for the pun) "blowing in the breeze?" I really really want to try and enjoy the balcony, but I feel like if I'm standing up I'm too high off the ground. Any tricks or suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

As far as the balcony goes, I'm terribly afraid of heights. (I know deck 12 balcony, good thinking huh?) My husband has always wanted a balcony room and since this is sort of a belated 15 anniversary trip, I went for it. How "secure" feeling is the balcony? Do you feel like you are up there (all apologies for the pun) "blowing in the breeze?" I really really want to try and enjoy the balcony, but I feel like if I'm standing up I'm too high off the ground. Any tricks or suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

Deck 12 balcony will have no ceiling above to keep the sun off your balcony , There is also a public area on deck above ,so people can look down into your balcony